"solicitor" on N. Gower

  • tara kelly
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 7, 2012
      A guy just rang our bell, got annoyed when I didn't open the door and
      yelled "who is it?" twice. I opened our peep window, and his face was
      RIGHT THERE and then he backed up an inch and he was holding a clipboard
      and a wad of cash. Said he was here with a "group" for the Los Angeles
      Mission on Skid Row, downtown.

      Something about this guy is suspicious. -- tara

      --
      Tara Kelly
      Consultant

    • Sarita Singh
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 7, 2012
        We had same person knock on our door at 7pm last night. No way was I going
        to open door when it was dark and I was alone. he was angry when I said I
        wasn't interested. We are in 400 N. block of Arden.

        Sarita Singh

        A guy just rang our bell, got annoyed when I didn't open the door and
        yelled "who is it?" twice. I opened our peep window, and his face was
        RIGHT THERE and then he backed up an inch and he was holding a clipboard
        and a wad of cash. Said he was here with a "group" for the Los Angeles
        Mission on Skid Row, downtown.

        Something about this guy is suspicious. -- tara

        --
        Tara Kelly
        Consultant
        213.804.5618 | tara@... <mailto:tara%40emailtara.com>
        linkedin.com/in/tarakelly

      • tara kelly
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 8, 2012
          The drawing your "daughter #2" did (I have twin girls too!) that you posted
          on the group is definitely the guy I saw tonight. Impressive drawing
          skills and memory! Stay alert! -- t.

          On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 9:24 PM, Vincent Cox <vcox@...> wrote:

          > I'm in the 400 block of Arden. Tuesday night I was out at a friend's.
          > When i returned, i found out that he knocked on our door at 630pm, as my 24
          > year old daughter was leaving for work. She told him, "no", and got in her
          > car and drove away. Five minutes later he rang the door bell again!
          > Fortuitously, my other daughter(her twin) happened to be visiting, so she
          > answered the door. The girls didn't figure out what had happened until they
          > talked later at 830pm, by which time, it wasn't a 911 call.
          >
          > In retrospect, we can see that he was simply looking for houses to
          > burglarize.
          >
          > Lesson: Girl scout cookies and elementary school magazine drives aside,
          > legitimate charities rarely, if ever, need to go door to door.
          > ------------------------------

          Tara Kelly
          Consultant
          213.804.5618 | tara@...
          linkedin.com/in/tarakelly

        • Vanessa West
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 8, 2012
            Has any of this been forwarded to Officer Paleyo? He always says to report
            ANYTHING suspicious.

          • luca cesarini
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 8, 2012
              Dear All,
              I had a side damage on my BMW, the car was parked in N Arden Blvd close to 503 on 11/06, probably the damage was caused on the night 11/05 to 11/06.
              I would like to know if anyone felt rumor coming from the street.
              If so, please drop my your contact.
              Best Regards

              Luca Cesarini
              428 N Arden Blvd
              Los Angeles, CA
              USA
              web:    www.lchospitality.com
              email:  luca@...
              phone:  +1.310.890.8967
              Skype:  lucacesarini/vagados

                DISCLAIMER NOTE
                The information contained in this message and/or attachments is for the sole use of intended recipient(s) or entity to whom it was addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
                Any unauthorized review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entitiesother than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.
                If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify LCH Hospitality Group immediately by returning it to the sender and delete all copies of the original message from your system.
              .