Searching for the owner of a lost white poodle

  • Elizabeth Dennehy
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 8, 2012
      WE WILL NOT BRING DOG TO SHELTER OR POUND, SO DON'T WORRY!

      I live in the Larchmont Village Hancock park area, we rescued this doggie
      at Rosewood and Van ness.

      Just trying to spread the word about this collarless, white, small poodle
      we found Saturday night. we have flyered the entire neighborhood, listed
      on Craig's List, Fido finder, pet amber alert, www.findToto.org, we have
      taken the dog to the vet, he is not chipped or collared.

      We are perfectly happy with the 2 dogs we already own, and that is enough.

      We already have several families interested if his people cannot be found.

      Is there anything left to be done? we surmise the dog is owned by someone
      elderly, and not up on the Internet or microchip thing;
      Today i am bringing flyers to the local groomers and vets

      Any constructive advice and support is most welcome. We have put
      everything else aside in our efforts to find this dog's owners who I
      imagine are upset, but are proving difficult to find.

      http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/pet/3324480933.html

      Thanks!

      Elizabeth
      323 463 2262

    • Michael Soriano
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 8, 2012
        Elizabeth,

        I just want to thank you for the efforts you've put into finding this dog's owner.  I've been in your shoes and know that it's frustrating.
        I'm glad you provided your craigslist picture of him.  I will post on Facebook and let you know if by chance anyone recognizes him.

        Michael Soriano

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 8, 2012
          I will also post to Facebook.

          Thanks,
          Christine

          On Oct 8, 2012, at 11:47 AM, Michael Soriano <mrsoriano@...> wrote:

          > Elizabeth,
          >
          > I just want to thank you for the efforts you've put into finding this dog's owner. I've been in your shoes and know that it's frustrating.
          > I'm glad you provided your craigslist picture of him. I will post on Facebook and let you know if by chance anyone recognizes him.
          >
          > Michael Soriano

        • Elise Duran
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 8, 2012
            Not a great idea to publicize his photo everywhere. Anyone can claim him
            this way because they don't have to identify him. There are people out
            there who do nothing but claim found animals as their own and then sell
            them - happens all the time.

            If you insist on posting pics, which I do feel is a mistake, then whoever
            claims need to provide proof the dog is theirs - vet records and pics, for
            example.