suspicious man......

  • larchmontvillageneighborhood
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2005
      Maybe do a search on meganslaw.ca.gov and see if he is there. There
      are
      over 100 in the area and a few right on Beverly and van ness.

      Subject: Fwd: Windsor Square parents

      More info on the creepy guy, or what to do if you encounter creepy
      guys
      in general....

      On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:39:38 -0700 (PDT), "Laura Putney"

      > As many of you know, last Friday, June 24, my 18 month old daughter
      and a
      > babysitter were followed by a suspicious man when they left the
      park
      on
      > Van Ness. After speaking with the LAPD, I am advised that the
      only
      > thing we can do is to make sure everyone in the neighborhood knows
      about
      > the incident (see details below) and that everyone knows that if
      they
      see
      > this guy or any other suspicious activity, they should call the
      police.

      > Description of the suspicious man: White, male, 40-45 years old,
      Bald,
      > no facial hair, big build - about 200 lbs. He was last seen
      wearing

      > gray or green shirt and jeans. He looked nice - not like a
      transient.

      > Please program this number for the LAPD, Wilshire Division, into
      your
      > cell phones and have your nannies do the same:
      >
      > (213) 485-4022.
      >
      > In order to make sure that officers are sent quickly, whoever calls
      needs
      > to say that the sexual assault detectives told them to call.
      (FYI: I
      > spoke with a Detective Gonzales: (213) 473-0447).
      >
      > Here's what happened last Friday:
      >
      > A strange man was hanging around the park on Van Ness watching the
      kids
      > for a long time. He started approaching nannies and asking them
      the
      > "rules of the park." They asked what he meant, and he just kept
      > repeating the "rules of the park." He left for awhile, but he came
      back.
      > He was making motions to the children to come near him. At some
      point
      > he put his hands and the air and said, "I'm Free! I'm Free!" His
      > behavior was so disturbing that the nannies got freaked out and
      left.

      > We had a substitute nanny on Friday, and she was at the park until
      about
      > 11:00 a.m. When she left, the same man followed her & my daughter
      for

      > several blocks. She looked back and saw him walking slowly behind
      her,
      > so she approached a gardener and talked to him. While she was
      stopped,
      > the man stopped too and was smoking and trying to hide behind a
      tree.
      > When she started walking again, so did he. Finally, she started
      waving
      > to a car, saying, "Look, Olivia, your mama!" The man turned around
      and
      > left.
      >
      > Please feel free to forward this message to other neighbors and
      spread

      > the word. If anyone happens to see this guy, please call the
      police.