Re: [LVNA90004] Bike Theft on N. Norton

  • Karen Gilman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 12, 2012
      Sorry to hear about your loss. All of us will have to be more vigilant; the type of crime you suffered fits the pattern lately.

      One LVNA board member was discussing installing security cameras front and back, 4, linked to computer and smart phone, installed high enough to deter dismantling by would-be perpetrators and at the same time capturing activity back, front and side of house and garage, as well as driveway.......

      I hope the Norton neighbors will organize further with neighborhood watch efforts: remember that Stuart Melvin of Beachwood is available to help mentor, coach and set up small meeting with SLO Pelayo to energize any group of neighbors on any block (Pelayo covers Olympic Div., of course, but SLO Cordova would meet w/ groups on W. side of Gower and to the west.as they're covered by WIlshire Div...)

      Karen Gilman
      Elmwood Ave.
      LVNA Secretary

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 12, 2012
        David:

        I'm not sure how far along the Neighborhood Watch effort is on your block (also, not sure which block you live on). There are Block Captains for the the two blocks between Beverly and Clinton. I cc'd them on this reply - this incident should be a catalyst to increase the awareness of the neighbors and get more involvement in the Neighborhood Watch activities.

        CAPTAIN ADDRESS BLOCK EMAIL ADDRESS
        Cynthia Takano N Norton Beverly to Elmwood ctakano@...
        Dennis & Susan Levin N Norton Elmwood to Clinton dennis@..., slpr110@...

        Stu