Break ins on Bronson Ave.

  • Aimee Garvey
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2012
      Hi Neighbors,
      We were one of three homes broken into on Friday on Bronson Ave. between Beverly and Clinton. All three appear to have occurred in the late afternoon into the the evening. Our alarm was set and all windows, doors and the driveway gate were locked. It looks as though they gained access to our back yard over the fence we share with the house behind us on Norton and then smashed a glass french door to get into the house. It seems they were in and out pretty quickly, ransacked our bedroom in the process, and left with my daughter's jewelry box. I'm guessing they left quickly because of the alarm, but that didn't stop them from breaking in in the first place. The police and the S.S.A. officer I spoke with today say it's likely our house had been watched, possibly for some time, to get to know the patterns of our comings and goings. Creepy. Most of us are aware of the increase of this type of crime in our hood so please continue to be super vigilant. Be aware of your surroundings, especially as you are coming and going and report any unusual people, cars, activity etc.
      Stay safe!
      Aimee Garvey