Home Invasion Robbery: alert from SLO Pelayo

    Message 1 of 2 , May 15 8:18 AM
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------

      From: JOSEPH PELAYO <31762@...>
      Date: Tue, May 15, 2012 at 7:57 AM
      Subject: Home Invasion Robbery

      Block captains please disseminate this information to your neighborhoods,

      On May 13th, 2012, at approximately 0900 hrs, a home invasion robbery occurred on the 500 block of north Irving (Larchmont Village). The victim answered a knock at her front door. She observed two suspects, described as a male and female black, holding a bouquet of flowers. When the victim opened her door, they wished her a "Happy Mother's Day". The victim declined the flowers and told them they were at the wrong address. The suspect asked to use her phone, the victim had them wait outside as she retrieved her phone. The suspects followed her into her home after she left the front door unlocked. The suspects were armed with a hand gun.
      The victim was tied up and the suspects ransacked her home looking for valuables. The suspects fled the location with the victims property, which included jewelry and a handgun (victim's).

      The victim was injured during the commission of this crime. She was treated for her injuries at the scene and released.

      The suspects are described as follows;
      1/ Male .Black. Blk hair. Bro eyes. 510-600. 170 lbs. 20-25 yrs old. He was wearing a grey shirt and blue jeans.
      2/ Female Black, Bro hair, Bro eyes, 504-505, 150 lbs. 20-25. She was wearing black clothes.

      No vehicle description at this time.

      As always please be aware of your surroundings. Do not let anyone into your home that you are not expecting or is not known to you. Report all suspicious persons and activity to the 911 immediately.

      If you have any information about this crime please contact Olympic Detectives at 213 382-9460

      Thank you and be safe,

      Senior Lead Officer Pelayo

    • Michele Montgomery
      Message 2 of 2 , May 15 9:33 AM
        A couple fitting that description approached me about 2 years ago while I was out front clipping my flowers. The woman said they were selling magazine subscriptions and asked if I would let her in our house to microwave her lunch. These people wore too much bling to make their living selling magazines in the middle of a recession. I declined to let her in and she pressed, outraged that I wouldn't let her do something as innocuous as heating food. It was just too fishy. They went around the corner onto Clinton. I got in my car and spotted them sitting on the side steps of my neighbor's house - on the corner of Clinton and Beachwood. I didn't trust that they wouldn't rob my friends so I pulled out my cell and aimed it at them. They immediately hid their faces. I'm looking for their photos but they're in an old cell phone I no longer use. If I find something, I'll send it on.

        Michele
        500 block of Beachwood