Re: [LVNA90004] Sunday AM Home Invasion 500 Blck N Irving

  • Terry August
    Message 1 of 5 , May 14, 2012
      Thanks for posting this Mark, I was just thinking that we should get
      something up. It happened 2 doors down from our house, to our neighbor Jan
      and still has me shaking.
      It was scary as it happened on a Sunday morning and they said they had
      flowers for her. They wanted to use her phone to check on who had sent
      them. She got hit with a gun and tied up.

      I run a gift basket and flower shop on Melrose (Fancifull) and I can tell
      you all, sure you know this but worth reiterating in light of her attack
      and robbery, *is that ALL delivery people and service people have cell
      phones*. T*here is no reason in the world for them to need to use your
      phone. We don't hire someone if they don't have their own cell phone. *
      *If for some reason they say theirs is dead, you call for them while they
      wait outside. *

      I have to believe they were casing the neighborhood because they hit the
      person on the block who walks with a cane and lives by herself.
      Odd that it was her house. Maybe it is a coincidence...

      We just need to be more vigilant than ever. I hope to go visit her today
      or tomorrow, Was going to bring flowers....
      Terry August
      537 N. Irving