Theft this morning 300 Block North Norton

  • Alex Andrews
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23, 2012
      This morning around 4:30-5:00 someone hopped over my LOCKED fence and stole two adult bicycles.  Sad thing is that I heard noises twice and got up but then it was silent so I went back to bed - I thought it was my neighbor or perhaps the tv crew setting up down the street.The bikes were under a tarp, so they had obviously scouted it.Make sure nothing of value is in sight - apparently locked gates are not even a deterrent!Anyone have a bike they want to sell?  It's our favorite family activity : (

    • Michael Soriano
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 23, 2012
        That sucks.

        This morning around 4:30-5:00 someone hopped over my LOCKED fence and stole two adult bicycles.  Sad thing is that I heard noises twice and got up but then it was silent so I went back to bed - I thought it was my neighbor or perhaps the tv crew setting up down the street.The bikes were under a tarp, so they had obviously scouted it.Make sure nothing of value is in sight - apparently locked gates are not even a deterrent!Anyone have a bike they want to sell?  It's our favorite family activity : (

      • Christine
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 23, 2012
          I'm sorry to hear that. I recall reading that criminals are not afraid to make one because it is quite normal behavior to sit up and listen after that loud noise, and if we hear nothing else, we let it go.
          I had my bike stolen out of our garage, as well, ten years ago. The police are still looking...