Re: Survey re Street Lights Outages

  • Amy Elvis Kiehl Miller
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 20, 2012
      We are at 404 N. Van Ness Ave., and yes, our street lights have been out
      for some time (at least one week). I called 311 numerous times, in fact it
      is so dark here at night that last Tuesday morning I found a homeless man
      sleeping on my neighbor's driveway behind his or her (they were completely
      wrapped) cart. This is not a usual occurrence, and I believe it to be a
      direct result of no street lights.

      The third time I called 311 (Friday), I was told that they were out due to
      stolen wiring and was not given a timeframe regarding repairs.

      Thanks!

      --
      aek

    • Peter Murrieta
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 21, 2012
        Hi, I'm at the 500 block of North Bronson and our street lights are intermittent. The one on the corner of Rosewood and Bronson flickers on and off and never quite stays on.
        On Feb 20, 2012, at 11:28 AM, GiLpErsOn2@... wrote:

        > Dear Neighbors:
        >
        > Are your street lights functioning? The Larchmont Village Neighborhood Assn. wants to know!
        >
        > If your street lights are out, please email back to Karen Gilman your report regarding your block and street. Funneling them to block captains is ok, too! We are summarizing all the outages so that we may send a comprehensive report regarding any known problem from Melrose Ave. to Beverly Blvd. and from Wilton Place to Arden Blvd. Please respond by Monday, February 27th!
        >
        > Street: Block(s) (or corners, street addresses)
        >
        > Van Ness Maplewood to Clinton
        > Maplewood Van Ness to Wilton
        > Rosewood: Keith, please check and get back to us!
        > Arden: Vince, thank you in advance for submitting the specifics!
        >
        > Thanks to all,
        >
        > Karen Gilman
        > LVNA Secretary
        > Elmwood Ave.

      • Delman, Joel
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 22, 2012
          Karen,

          The sidewalk lights at the intersection of Irving and Clinton have been a problem for a long time... Tom used his influence to get them fixed early last year, but the SW corner has again been out for the last 4 months, the others intermittent.

          Thanks for getting on this issue, having well lit streets at night is a serious deterrent to all kinds of crime.

          Best,

          Joel

          Joel Delman
          PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT TECHNOLOGIES
          9701 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 900, Beverly Hills, CA 90212
          p 310.601.7167 m 773.517.1862 f 310.601.7110
          PDT<http://www.pdt.com/> | LinkedIn<http://linkd.in/product-development-technologies> | Facebook<http://on.fb.me/like-pdt> | Twitter<http://bit.ly/follow-pdt> | YouTube<http://bit.ly/youtube-pdt>