Survey re Street Lights Outages

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 20, 2012
      Dear Neighbors:

      Are your street lights functioning? The Larchmont Village Neighborhood Assn. wants to know!

      If your street lights are out, please email back to Karen Gilman your report regarding your block and street. Funneling them to block captains is ok, too! We are summarizing all the outages so that we may send a comprehensive report regarding any known problem from Melrose Ave. to Beverly Blvd. and from Wilton Place to Arden Blvd. Please respond by Monday, February 27th!

      Street: Block(s) (or corners, street addresses)

      Van Ness Maplewood to Clinton
      Maplewood Van Ness to Wilton
      Rosewood: Keith, please check and get back to us!
      Arden: Vince, thank you in advance for submitting the specifics!

      Thanks to all,

      Karen Gilman
      LVNA Secretary
      Elmwood Ave.

    • Amy Elvis Kiehl Miller
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 20, 2012
        We are at 404 N. Van Ness Ave., and yes, our street lights have been out
        for some time (at least one week). I called 311 numerous times, in fact it
        is so dark here at night that last Tuesday morning I found a homeless man
        sleeping on my neighbor's driveway behind his or her (they were completely
        wrapped) cart. This is not a usual occurrence, and I believe it to be a
        direct result of no street lights.

        The third time I called 311 (Friday), I was told that they were out due to
        stolen wiring and was not given a timeframe regarding repairs.

        Thanks!

        --
        aek

      • Peter Murrieta
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 21, 2012
          Hi, I'm at the 500 block of North Bronson and our street lights are intermittent. The one on the corner of Rosewood and Bronson flickers on and off and never quite stays on.
          On Feb 20, 2012, at 11:28 AM, GiLpErsOn2@... wrote:

          > Dear Neighbors:
          >
          > Are your street lights functioning? The Larchmont Village Neighborhood Assn. wants to know!
          >
          > If your street lights are out, please email back to Karen Gilman your report regarding your block and street. Funneling them to block captains is ok, too! We are summarizing all the outages so that we may send a comprehensive report regarding any known problem from Melrose Ave. to Beverly Blvd. and from Wilton Place to Arden Blvd. Please respond by Monday, February 27th!
          >
          > Street: Block(s) (or corners, street addresses)
          >
          > Van Ness Maplewood to Clinton
          > Maplewood Van Ness to Wilton
          > Rosewood: Keith, please check and get back to us!
          > Arden: Vince, thank you in advance for submitting the specifics!
          >
          > Thanks to all,
          >
          > Karen Gilman
          > LVNA Secretary
          > Elmwood Ave.

        • Delman, Joel
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 22, 2012
            Karen,

            The sidewalk lights at the intersection of Irving and Clinton have been a problem for a long time... Tom used his influence to get them fixed early last year, but the SW corner has again been out for the last 4 months, the others intermittent.

            Thanks for getting on this issue, having well lit streets at night is a serious deterrent to all kinds of crime.

            Best,

            Joel

            Joel Delman
            PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT TECHNOLOGIES
            9701 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 900, Beverly Hills, CA 90212
            p 310.601.7167 m 773.517.1862 f 310.601.7110
            PDT<http://www.pdt.com/> | LinkedIn<http://linkd.in/product-development-technologies> | Facebook<http://on.fb.me/like-pdt> | Twitter<http://bit.ly/follow-pdt> | YouTube<http://bit.ly/youtube-pdt>