Paramount construction?

  • sblittle
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2012
      Does anyone know when Paramount is planning to start their big construction project? And what the noise impact will be for the neighborhood - what time in the morning the construction will start during weekdays and whether they plan to work on weekends?
    • Karen Gilman
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2012
        Good morning!
        The update on Paramount is as follows:
        We are in the stage of waiting for the City to do and release the Environmental Impact Report ("EIR"). Then the public will have a chance to comment on the content on the "EIR."
        We give input on what issues may or may not have been considered fully enough.

        Nothing happens construction-wise until the City Planning office has held hearing, taken input, given all neighbors and businesses within 500 feet an "adequate notice" of hearing dates and plans.

        This process is likely to take 2 years, even for the part leading to approval of the two 3-story parking structures on Melrose between Windsor and Plymouth and between Bronson and Irving.

        When construction is approved to begin, the hours will likely be 7 a.m to 6 p.m. weekdays, slightly less on weekends (and we can advocate for restricted hours on weekends.)

        Please stay tuned to your mailbox, your local advocates on the street where you live (where do you live, Sara? feel free to reply privately and I'll connect you), to the Larchmont Buzz and to the lvna90004 yahoo group. Larchmont Chronicle is following the story as well. Jonathan Brand in the CD 4 office, new on the staff, joins Renee Weitzer in covering land use issues and also welcomes your calls.

        Karen Gilman
        LVNA secretary
        Elmwood Ave.