very short term sublet

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 11, 2012
      my aunts and uncles are all coming to LA on March 9 for 5 days or so. anyone know of any guest house or other possible home stay availability? they seem willing to stay at the Rodeway Inn formerly the EconoLodge as they want to be able to walk to my house on Arden.. but I'm thinking it's not so nice. .. any ideas welcome. thanks!
    • Stu
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 11, 2012
        Susan: Do you have any info on the Historic Hollywood Hotel on the corner of Melrose and Wilton. Looks quite interesting on the outside and from info on their website (http://www.hollywoodhistorichotel.com/). Anybody out there have 1st hand knowledge?

        Stu
        Stuart Melvin

      • Katie Wells
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 11, 2012
          My mother has stayed there and it is inexpensive ($50 per night) and nice.
          It is an old building and has the issues of old buildings. Bathroom windows
          that don't shut easily, two few outlets. Have to unplug the fridge to turn
          on the coffee maker. That sort of thing.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 12, 2012
            I was in touch with them when we needed housing for friends and relatives visiting this summer. Their elevator isn't working and their parking lot isn't secure, but the prices are wonderful and the rooms look just fine from the photos. I found them a little bit hard to reach by phone; hope that has changed. Their website wasn't taking reservations when I tried in July and August; hence I tried by phone.
            Looks cool.
            Will be interested to hear from others w/ any experience, too.
            Karen G.
            Elmwood Ave.

            Susan: Do you have any info on the Historic Hollywood Hotel on the corner of Melrose and Wilton. Looks quite interesting on the outside and from info on their website (http://www.hollywoodhistorichotel.com/). Anybody out there have 1st hand knowledge?

            Stu
            Stuart Melvin

          • Carol Pentz

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 12, 2012