Larchmont School

  • mimont2
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2012
      Hey neighbors. I noticed - on the Larchmont Charter School website - that we can hook up our Pavillions, Ralphs and Target store cards so that LCS gets a cut of the cash we spend. Cool, huh? Jim and I spend a lot at those places and would love to see the school benefit.
      <http://www.larchmontcharter.org/fundraising.html>

      (Just so I don't step on any toes... the rewards can go to up to 3 places/schools if you choose.)

      Can someone associated with LCS elaborate on this for us? Is it worth doing? Does the school really get a significant amount if we take a few minutes to sign up our cards?

      Thanks!

      Michele Montgomery
      Beachwood Drive
    • Lexi Conrad
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2012
        Yes - It's worth doing no matter what school you choose. Pretty much all local schools participate and while the direct dollar earnings aren't gigantic (a couple thousand dollars a year - still they need every dollar), it costs YOU nothing, the businesses need to donate the money (why not to a local school of your choosing), and more importantly they check participation in these programs when issuing grants to local schools. However, you need to sign up every September for your charity of choice, and if I didn't get an update from my child's school I wouldn't remember. It's linked to your existing club card for most grocery chains - you go online and fill out a form. I'm sure whatever organization you choose would be very thankful.

        ________________________________
        Hey neighbors. I noticed - on the Larchmont Charter School website - that we can hook up our Pavillions, Ralphs and Target store cards so that LCS gets a cut of the cash we spend. Cool, huh? Jim and I spend a lot at those places and would love to see the school benefit.
        <http://www.larchmontcharter.org/fundraising.html>

        (Just so I don't step on any toes... the rewards can go to up to 3 places/schools if you choose.)

        Can someone associated with LCS elaborate on this for us? Is it worth doing? Does the school really get a significant amount if we take a few minutes to sign up our cards?

        Thanks!

        Michele Montgomery
        Beachwood Drive

      • Michele Montgomery
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2012
          Thanks Lexi!

          For anyone who wants the link again - for LCS or for any other organization - you can access it from the LCS site.