hyper local lapd crime stats

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2011
      I went to the safety meeting this past Monday. The headline: crime is slightly up in the northern part of Senior Lead Officer Dave Cordova's area. He said from La Brea to Highland between Beverly and Melrose. Three people spoke at the meeting: Senior Lead Office Dave Cordova, Lt Bryan Wong who heads detectives and Captain Rose Morena who runs patrol.

      The cops emphasized that we're all our best defense... knowing each other.. watching out for each other. They mentioned that audible alarms do scare away burglars.They've see cases in which the crime was started, the alarm went off, and the bad guy took off. Det. Wong mentioned that at this time of year crime is up. Bad guys will follow UPS and Fed Ex trucks... so arrange to have someone take your packages if possible. He also said that victims of assault are often distracted, texting or talking and not paying attention to their surroundings.

      below are the stats: