Re: [LVNA90004] Helicopters - Fri 10:45AM 2 shot at Hollywood FedEx; search for gunman

  • Caitlin Dempsey
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2011
      Just read that the shooter has been killed by the LAPD: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8461354

      HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- LAPD police officers shot and killed a gunman in Hollywood just outside a FedEx location on Friday morning.
      Oscar Herrera, who works in the area, said he witnessed the entire incident.
      "He was walking northbound on Vine Street, and he had the gun up, and he was just shooting, and when cars went by, he started shooting all the cars that drove by," he said.
      Herrera said the gunman shot at a Mercedes, hitting the driver, and then walked to Sunset Boulevard, shooting another car and a truck.
      "He was just shooting crazy everywhere," Herrera said.
      Authorities responded to the 1400 block of Vine Street just before 10:30 a.m. When police arrived, they opened fire on the suspect, killing him.
      The condition of the victim that the suspect shot is unknown at this time.
      Caitlin Dempsey
      Editor, GIS Lounge
      editor@...
      http:.gislounge.com