Helicopters - Fri 10:45AM 2 shot at Hollywood FedEx; search for gunman

  • no_irving
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2011
      Two people were shot at a FedEx location in Hollywood on Friday morning. Police have set up a perimeter to search for the gunman.
      Authorities responded to the 1400 block of Vine Avenue just before 10:30 a.m. and found two gunshot victims. Their conditions are unknown.
      A perimeter was set up to search for a gunman. A suspect description was not immediately available.
      DEVELOPING: We will add more details to this report as they become available.
      Story posted 2011.12.09 at 10:42 AM PST
      All material © 2011 KABC-TV, Inc. & 2004-2011 LSN, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    • Caitlin Dempsey
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 9, 2011
        Just read that the shooter has been killed by the LAPD: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8461354

        HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- LAPD police officers shot and killed a gunman in Hollywood just outside a FedEx location on Friday morning.
        Oscar Herrera, who works in the area, said he witnessed the entire incident.
        "He was walking northbound on Vine Street, and he had the gun up, and he was just shooting, and when cars went by, he started shooting all the cars that drove by," he said.
        Herrera said the gunman shot at a Mercedes, hitting the driver, and then walked to Sunset Boulevard, shooting another car and a truck.
        "He was just shooting crazy everywhere," Herrera said.
        Authorities responded to the 1400 block of Vine Street just before 10:30 a.m. When police arrived, they opened fire on the suspect, killing him.
        The condition of the victim that the suspect shot is unknown at this time.
        Caitlin Dempsey
        Editor, GIS Lounge
        editor@...
        http:.gislounge.com