Block Captain Meeting for Potential and Existing Block Captains

  • Annie Chow
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2011
      Hello Neighbors,

      Did you ever want to get involved with the safety issues in your
      neighborhood, but didn't know how to get involved? Well, together with the
      existing block captains and Senior Lead Officers of both the Olympic and
      Wilshire Division, we would like for you all to meet the Senior Lead
      Officers, and existing block captains of Larchmont Village, who will be
      highlighting their responsibilities as block captains. If you are
      interested or semi-interested in becoming a block captain but hesistant
      because you envision a lot of time commitment to become involved, or had
      some ideas about bettering the neighborhood, please come out to this
      meeting. The goal of this meeting is to learn from the Senior Lead
      Officers about neighborhood watch programs and to address concerns about
      becoming a block captain.

      Even if you don't want to become a "formal" block captain, I hope that we
      can get someone from each block to represent their block by passing out or
      emailing out information to keep their neighbors informed on community
      issues and to create a unified Neighborhood Watch Program in the Larchmont
      Village.

      Also, what we thought would be appropriate is that once we are more clearly
      defined as block captains or representatives, we can coordinate an
      emergency preparedness program for each block with the assistance of Los
      Angeles County Health Department Emergency Preparedness Division.

      Please RSVP to this email (to Annie). The meeting will take place on
      Monday, December 5th at 7:00 p.m. at the home of Annie and Jason Chow at
      428 North Beachwood Drive (tentative in case there is a large number of
      RSVPs).

      Also, please see the attached map of the Larchmont Village area. As you
      can see, to our knowledge, we have representation in these following areas:
      1) 200-300, 400-500, and 600 block Beachwood
      2) 500 block of Windsor
      3) 400 block of Plymouth
      4) 400 of Norton
      5) Elmwood

      Sincerely,
      Annie Chow and Stu Melvin
      Block Captains for 300-400 Beachwood Drive
      Supported by LVNA