Re: [LVNA90004] Dog problem

  • Barbara Hall
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 19, 2011
      Good morning.

      Two weeks ago my dog and I were walking on Arden near Clinton when the
      large young German Shepherd at 580 N. Arden came running out the front
      door of the house and straight at us. He is very aggressive, and if
      he had gotten at my dog I'm sure it would have escalated into a
      fight. I managed to keep him away from my dog by staying in the
      middle and circling with my dog behind me while the other dog tried to
      get around me. It was very scary. After yelling at the top of my
      lungs for someone to come out and get the dog, the wife and
      grandmother came outside, but they didn't do anything. A couple
      minutes later the husband of the family came out and he was finally
      able to get the dog. However, it doesn't listen to commands from any
      of them. I know that the owner could see that I was very shaken and I
      told him he had to make sure that the dog could not get out of the
      house. Afterwards a woman who saw what happened told me she heard
      that the dog had attacked another dog in the neighborhood.

      This morning, I heard a commotion outside on Clinton, and looked out
      to see another dog owner having the same experience. I'm not sure if
      the German Shepherd got out of the house or was being "walked", but it
      was off its leash and menacing a very scared woman and her terrified
      dog. By the time I got outside someone in a car had stopped to help
      and someone (perhaps the owner or maybe a passerby) was getting the
      German Shepherd on a leash. The grandmother, who I have seen walking
      the dog a few times, was standing on the sidewalk looking helpless.
      She was holding a baby. Luckily neither the woman or her dog were
      injured, but they were pretty upset, as you can imagine.

      I'm writing to ask whether others have been having problems with this
      German Shepherd and his irresponsible owners, and what steps we should
      take to address this situation. I'm afraid it's just a matter of time
      until something really serious happens.

      Thanks.

      Barbara
    • Susan Leibowitz
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 20, 2011
        those people let their dog poop everywhere and never clean it up... and the owner, the guy, often walks her by having her chase him on a motorized vehicle on the side walk... untethered. and he's impossible to talk to