601Re: [LVNA90004] Police Activity Sunday Night

  • tara kelly
    Aug 3, 2009
      Joel,

      This is second/third hand from a friend on Norton who emailed me about this
      this morning:

      There was crazy police action on my corner last night (norton/clinton)...the
      helicopter started around 10:30ish and I noticed the huge searchlight was on
      OUR street. Then we saw a couple walking up our street holding a baby in a
      blanket. The light followed them up Norton. The turned the corner onto
      Clinton and suddenly 12+ cop cars converged on them from all directions. I
      called our neighbor . . . He said that he had seen that same guy run up to
      Raleigh studios, take off his jacket and shove it up into a tree. He had
      called the cops to say �hey, I think I see the guy your looking for�.

      I talked to our neighbors this morning who learned from the cops that the
      couple was arrested for what likely has been a string of thefts around the
      neighborhood. The neighbors' car had been stolen a couple months ago and
      found recently downtown - the cops said they wouldn't be surprised if it was
      this same group who stole it.

      -----------
      She also noted that the police had the baby, who appeared to be safe (and
      presumably belonged to the couple). I gave my friend the contact info from
      previous LVNA emails for the local police. Here's the info I had:

      BURGLARY PREVENTION
      Los Angeles Police Department has noted a sharp increase in residential
      burglaries and hopes to end the trend by informing residents of the
      increased risk. LAPD has received many burglary calls in your area. Reported
      suspects are male and/or female black, 5'09-6'02, and 170 to
      220 lbs, and 20-32 years. In a 1990's, 4 door grey sedan or grey SUV.
      Please do not hesitate to contact Police at 1-877-ASK-LAPD (275-5273) for
      non-emergency, and 911 for an emergency response.
      IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CAN PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT THE ABOVE
      CRIMES,
      OLYMPIC AREA BURGLARY DETECTIVES AT (213) 382-9440
      OLYMPIC AREA WATCH COMMANDER AT (213) 382-9102

      And since they recently split the districts and I'm not sure which is which,
      here's the info too for the Wilshire division:

      Should you witness any suspicious activity contact us:
      Emergency 9-1-1
      Wilshire patrol: 213 473-0476
      Wilshire Detectives: 213 922-8205
      SLO Ruben Gonzales: 213 793-0715