199June 10th Garden Tour/Larchmont median strip fundraiser volunteer outreach

    Jun 2, 2006
      Dear Friends,

      We are asking you to volunteer as a docent for the Windsor Square-Hancock
      Park Historical Society Olive Branches Garden Tour on Saturday June 10th, which
      is a collaborative effort that will benefit all of us. All proceeds from
      the event will go towards creating the median on Larchmont from Beverly to
      Melrose, The median will help beautify North Larchmont, slow down the speeding
      and make it safer to cross with crosswalks.. You would be in a lovely garden
      for a 3 hour assignment sometime between 12 noon and 5 p.m., orientation
      provided, of course, and then you will be able to view the 8 gardens for free.
      Refreshments will be served. Please email Myrna Gintel at
      _upstairscloset@..._ (http://us.f518.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=upstairscloset@...)
      or call 323-931-6252.
      Thanks so much, Myrna Gintel, Karen and Mike Gilman

      Sandy Boeck, one of the docents provides this additional background:
      If you are available on Saturday, June 10th,
      I hope that you will join friends and neighbors for
      this very special garden tour! You will see
      beautiful gardens and support a worthy cause
      with your ticket purchase. Addresses of the
      eight gardens are given to ticketholders on the
      day of the tour to protect the security of the
      homeowners. I can tell you that one is on the
      stream in Brookside. Another is an enchanting
      estate on the golf course with koi pond, greenhouse
      ,gazebo with finches, pool, and full vegetable garden
      and 6 other wonderful unique gardens.
      I will be a docent at the garden in Brookside
      and hope to see you there!
      Sandy Boeck, Brookside Secretary
      P.S. Did you know that there are twenty-four homes on the Brookside stream?
      This is your opportunity to see a beautifully landscaped garden on the
      stream that was not on the Windsor Square-Hancock Park Home Tour in 1998 or The
      Garden Conservancy Tour in 2003.