1574Fwd: 3/19/14 - Neighborhood update

  • Karen Gilman
    Mar 20, 2014
      irvingblvd.watch@...>
      Date: Mar 19, 2014 2:33 PM

      Subject: 3/19/14 - Neighborhood update
      Thanks to: Richard Park for this update...<div>
      ADT Imposters
      Recently, two young men posing as ADT alarm representatives visited a homeowner on Arden to discuss crime in the area. After they left, she checked with ADT and found out that they were imposters. ADT informed her that they did not send out representatives to check on her and that they never do door-to-door sales. Please be aware of people impersonating ADT employees, and contact the police if you ever feel threatened. Thanks to Todd Louiso for this tip!
      Coyote in Larchmont Village
      In our last update, we informed you that a coyote was seen in our neighborhood. Previously many of the sightings were quite a distance away from our street. More recently, however, the coyote was spotted as near as the intersection of Beachwood and Rosewood. Please continue to be aware of your surroundings and always keep dogs and small children in a safe place. If you see a coyote, please call
      (323) 225-9453
      to assist in the city's trapping efforts. Thanks to Jennifer Walsh for the update!
      Traffic on Melrose
      The city council office has informed us that Melrose between Cahuenga Blvd and Las Palmas will be undergoing street construction this weekend from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. Some traffic delay should be anticipated.
      Puppies!
      Vince Cox, a fellow board member on the Larchmont Village Neighborhood Association, is fostering three adorable 11 week-old puppies. He understands them to be a mix of labrador and chihuahua(!) See attached photo. If you are interested in taking in a puppy, please e-mail Vince directly. His email is cc'ed above.
      Babies!
      We're experiencing a bit of a baby boom on our street. Todd and Sara Schulman are the proud parents of a beautiful baby boy, Akiva Beckett Schulman. My wife, Elizabeth, and I recently welcomed our third child to the family, Benjamin Hyunmin Park. The Schulmans and the Parks hope to get a restful night of sleep one of these days.
      Best always,