Re: [LVHomeFans] Re: YES, Affordable Mountain Land Near LA

  • Lulu M
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
      Thanks I'll be looking into it, but please keep me updated definetly intrested.

      ginakatmcneil <GKMcNeil@...> wrote:
      We're looking for at least an acre and under $80,000 and we've found a lot of good spots.
      We'll have to have a well dug, water tank, solar and wind power...but we could buy
      majority of that in a package (http://www.rainorsh inepower. com/home. htm) (http://
      www.watertanks. com/category/ 7/).

      There's tons of available land in Mountain Meadows and from having visited the area
      multiple times in the last month, they're CCR's seem to be very leniet (whereas Stallion
      Springs doesn't allow flat roofs...and it's not really an area for a modern looking house).

      Unfortunately, there are not many trees and it's all up to wind/solar power (Tucker Rd is
      the only road with power lines in Mountain Meadows from what I understand). ...but we
      love the LVL so much, that having to plant our own trees, etc...is worth it.

      We just found out that Alpine Forest Park requires a 6/12 pitch, Golden Hills requires a
      5/12 pitch... so now it's seeming like Mountain Meadows may be the only area we could
      build.

      I'll keep updating about it, for those who are curious about the Tehachapi area. ;)

      --- In LVHomeFans@yahoogro ups.com, Lulu M <ztrduztpxi@ ...> wrote:

      > I currently live in bakersfield, but I was also thinking about buying land in Tehachapi, so
      I'm wondering what kind of prices are you looking at for what sized lots?

      > ginakatmcneil <GKMcNeil@.. .> wrote: Tehachapi has a ton of available land and
      it's an absolutely beautiful area. My fiance and I
      > are hoping to buy land in either Mountain Meadows or Alpine Forest Park (they have the
      > more lenient CCR's). Lots of private areas as well, and land isn't too expensive.
      >

      > ------------ --------- --------- ---
      > Got a little couch potato?

    • urbanrancher88
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
        Try the areas around the Kern River Valley, Lake Isabella and south to
        Caliente. Havilah is gorgeous and heavily treed, Walker Basin offers
        large flat ranches, Twin Oaks and environs is also very pretty.
        Havilah is about 150 miles from LA, just east of Bakersfield about 45
        mins up in the mountains
        between 3500 and 4000 elevation.

        Kern County has been very user-friendly for building so far. You will
        have to get reflective metal siding approved as they discourage homes
        that look like cheap trailers. The county building department office
        in Lake Isabella is staffed with very helpful (and not so busy) staff.

        Here are links to local realtor sites with prices and pictures.
        http://www.southern-sierra.com/
        http://www.century21lakeisabella.com/
        http://www.stagestopranchland.com/

        I'm VERY happy with my 20 acre ranch. The area is just beautiful and
        only 150 miles (2 1/2 hour drive) from Hollywood. We're hoping to
        break ground in the spring/summer 2008.

        1 acre parcels are listed for less than $50k, gorgeous 20 acre parcels
        with trees and views can be had for less than $200K.

        Yahoo! FareChase.