Lot Photos

  • Smiley
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2007
      I have started an album on the photos page of our lot in Oregon. We are
      building the LVL with a walk out basement. If you take a peek at the
      photos you will see our lot is very sloped. This is an urban area
      neighborhood. Most of the houses in the area are built up on stilts.
      We felt that the LVL was going to be a good choice with the basement
      dug out into the hillside, giving us a more stable foundation. Our
      geotechnical survey shows the hillside to be very stable. We will be
      keeping as many of the beautiful tall firs as we can, removing a few in
      the front for the view and driveway access.

      Jay and Wendy
    • opticalsphere
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2007
        Jay and Wendy,

        Looks like a beautiful setting for an LVL!

        I'd really be interestes if you post your extra costs of digging into
        the hillside. We're doing a hunt for our lot right now. There tends to
        be a big differences in price for level vs. sloped lots. It would be
        great to get a preliminary idea of the cost of digging in from your
        experience.

        I'll be watching for more photos.

        Thanks,

        Ted