Re: [LVHomeFans] Hello from Maryland

  • M&L
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 3, 2007
      I did a roof top deck a few years ago. The engineered wood "I" beams were very similar to the lvl home. The key was to use 3/4" tongue & groove plywood glued both to the wood I's and in the T&G joint (also nailed). Then fiberglassed and a gel coat finish. This deck has lasted 15years in the hot Florida sun and still looks great. Think 220 per sq ft load bearing.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 3, 2007

        Isn't the main concern for roof-top decks with the LV that it could puncture the rubber roof membrane??

        From: M&L <yarnboy1@...>
        To: LVHomeFans@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 10:32:20 -0700 (PDT)

[...]

        Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play Chicktionary!�
      • M&L
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 3, 2007
          Roofs of any type just aren't made for foot traffic(especially high heels). Hence the need to make a rigid deck then waterproof it ala fiberglass. This replaces a membrane roof not used in conjunction with one.

          Isn't the main concern for roof-top decks with the LV that it could puncture the rubber roof membrane??

          From: M&L <yarnboy1@yahoo. com>
          To: LVHomeFans@yahoogro ups.com
          Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 10:32:20 -0700 (PDT)

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 3, 2007

            SO, you make the deck, then fiberglass it to waterproof it?  But what about the roof that cost $20,000?  It's pretty hard to consider fiberglassing over that just to make a deck.  You'd be better off just making a ground level deck.

            From: M&L <yarnboy1@...>
            To: LVHomeFans@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 11:20:54 -0700 (PDT)

            From: M&L <yarnboy1@yahoo. com>
            To: LVHomeFans@yahoogro ups.com
            Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 10:32:20 -0700 (PDT)

[...]

            Need a brain boost? Recharge with a stimulating game. Play now!�