Heating system sizeing

  • bigsandlake
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1 6:34 AM
      Folks

      I am getting quotes right now for a GeoThermal heat pump systems of the
      LVL we are doing. We are doing a full non-walkout liveable basement.
      Building in Northern MN....The first quote I got back was for a 6-ton
      unit....does this seem high.

      Let me know what others have seen.

      Thx
      Jim Sheehan
    • Mason McNulty
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1 8:05 AM
        Will a geo-therm system support an additional out building (say a pool house or studio) as well or does it all need to be under one roof. I've been considering building two together in close proximity, with the hope of using the same geo-therm system. Is this a crazy wishful thinking idea, or might this actually work?

        Mason

        I am getting quotes right now for a GeoThermal heat pump systems of the
        LVL we are doing.  We are doing a full non-walkout liveable basement.
        Building in Northern MN....The first quote I got back was for a 6-ton
        unit....does this seem high.

        Let me know what others have seen.

        Thx
        Jim Sheehan