Starting Soon!

  • Steve Rapport
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2010
      Well I finally signed my loan docs on Thursday, and we close and fund this coming week. Hoping to start excavations for my LV Home next week.

      I'll be blogging progress on the house at http://theminniehouse.blogspot.com, and I'll also be tweeing about the build as @MasterSteveR.

      Hope some of you will follow my progress - it's all very exciting!

      - Steve
    • Dar Kuehl
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 7, 2010
        Good for you !  Funding an LV build is probably the most challenging thing about the process. Those of us who decided to go it alone, and be our own general Contractor have found that out. Hopefully, our rewards will become evident once we are finished.., if ever.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 8, 2010
          I've been following your progress since your first posting and I'm so very happy for you.

          PS:  I thought your idea of naming your home after your mom was a wonderful idea.

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 6, 2010
            If ever is right.....there are no banks is Oregon that will fund a project like this now, if anyone know otherwise please let me know. So we have a lot and our plans and no way to build. Sucks. Good luck on your project, glad to hear others are having luck.

            --- In LVHomeFans@yahoogroups.com, Dar Kuehl <darkuehl@...> wrote:

            > Good for you !  Funding an LV build is probably the most challenging thing about the process. Those of us who decided to go it alone, and be our own general Contractor have found that out. Hopefully, our rewards will become evident once we are finished.., if ever.

          • Dar
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 6, 2010
              just telling you , " you are not alone" , does little to solve your problem. Have you tried a more creative aproach, private funding,Mortage brokers, build as you go,with available cash, and being your own GC ? There are many ways to get it done , the problem with most , they will take time....for Us , 3 years, would I do it again...YES , with mods.