LV flooring

  • Dar Kuehl
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 9, 2010
      The wood fiber flooring CAN be used over under floor heat. I have been doing some in store inspection on the products. The problem with the better quality ones , is the price. It is more expensive than ceramic , and still not as durable. I just picked up 16" squares of ceramic tile at Lowe's for 88 cents a sq ft. ! They are having a special sale now , in my area. Will be putting it down in 2 weeks , . I will use Ditra under the tile, no cement board. I plan on using Schlueter metal profiles around the perimeter, which will add to the cost. If all goes as planed , I will have a complete finished floor in my LVL for under 4,000.00 ( with my labor ). Just an update , for anyone thats interested. dar.
    • Rachel Holland
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 9, 2010
        Hi Dar,

        It was recommended to me by Schluter to use a particular type of mortar under the Ditra and then another type under the tile.  I'd contact their customer service to be sure you're using the correct kind (wish I could remember the name for you).

        Congrats on the inexpensive tile score and good luck w/the install!

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 9, 2010
          Rachel;  Yes , the 2 types of thin set , are modified and unmodified... The unmodified goes on top of the Ditra. Thanks for the information , it is very important to get it right , I have considerable experence working with the product.   Dar.