Sliding glass doors?

  • alejas96
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 21, 2009
      I saw the first LV home that was documented on the website has 10' sliding glass doors with 2 panels. Does anyone know where you can get that size in 2 panels? I have looked everywhere online and can't find it anywhere.
    • Steve Rapport
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 21, 2009
        It partly depends where you are in the country. So where are you?

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 21, 2009
          South central

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 21, 2009
            IF I ever get my construction loan approved, I am buying 10' wide x 9' high Jeld-Wen Premium series sliding doors from 1stwindows.com (so no transom windows). This was after much research, during which I looked at Bonelli's, Blomberg, Fleetwood, Milgard and IWC, and it seems to me that the Jeld-Wen represent the best combination of price/performance.

            I believe most manufacturers won't transport these kinds of sliders across the Rockies, so you need to find something that is for sale in your area of the country.

            You can get a list of window suppliers for the LV from RR, or I can email it to you if you like.

            Good luck,

            Steve

            On Dec 21, 2009, at 11:26 PM, alejas96 wrote:

            South central
            --- In LVHomeFans@yahoogro ups.com, "alejas96" <alejas96@.. .> wrote:

            > I saw the first LV home that was documented on the website has 10' sliding glass doors with 2 panels. Does anyone know where you can get that size in 2 panels? I have looked everywhere online and can't find it anywhere.

          • gregg schultz
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 22, 2009
              For what it's worth.  I love the transom windows (I have crank open transoms).  They are great to leave open at night, or when it's a little too breezy, etc.  We always have the doors closed and transoms open.  Just something to consider.

              IF I ever get my construction loan approved, I am buying 10' wide x 9' high Jeld-Wen Premium series sliding doors from 1stwindows.com (so no transom windows). This was after much research, during which I looked at Bonelli's, Blomberg, Fleetwood, Milgard and IWC, and it seems to me that the Jeld-Wen represent the best combination of price/performance.

              I believe most manufacturers won't transport these kinds of sliders across the Rockies, so you need to find something that is for sale in your area of the country..

              You can get a list of window suppliers for the LV from RR, or I can email it to you if you like.

              Good luck,

              Steve

              On Dec 21, 2009, at 11:26 PM, alejas96 wrote:

              South central
              --- In LVHomeFans@yahoogro ups.com, "alejas96" <alejas96@.. .> wrote:

              > I saw the first LV home that was documented on the website has 10' sliding glass doors with 2 panels. Does anyone know where you can get that size in 2 panels? I have looked everywhere online and can't find it anywhere.

            • Rachel Holland
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 22, 2009
                I wish I'd done transoms that opened on the fixed/front side so that I could get the cross breezes thru the house.  They are also nice if you'd like to leave them open but the rest of the house locked while away for a few hours.  But I can see if this were a place you weren't using full time or even renting out that you may not need them.

                Kawneer makes a very nice slider.  They are in Norcross, Georgia.

                Rachel

                On Dec 22, 2009, at 8:17 AM, gregg schultz wrote:

                For what it's worth.  I love the transom windows (I have crank open transoms).  They are great to leave open at night, or when it's a little too breezy, etc.  We always have the doors closed and transoms open.  Just something to consider.

                IF I ever get my construction loan approved, I am buying 10' wide x 9' high Jeld-Wen Premium series sliding doors from 1stwindows.com (so no transom windows). This was after much research, during which I looked at Bonelli's, Blomberg, Fleetwood, Milgard and IWC, and it seems to me that the Jeld-Wen represent the best combination of price/performance.

                I believe most manufacturers won't transport these kinds of sliders across the Rockies, so you need to find something that is for sale in your area of the country..

                You can get a list of window suppliers for the LV from RR, or I can email it to you if you like.

                Good luck,

                Steve

                On Dec 21, 2009, at 11:26 PM, alejas96 wrote:

                South central
                --- In LVHomeFans@yahoogro ups.com, "alejas96" <alejas96@.. .> wrote:

                > I saw the first LV home that was documented on the website has 10' sliding glass doors with 2 panels. Does anyone know where you can get that size in 2 panels? I have looked everywhere online and can't find it anywhere.

              • Dar Kuehl
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 22, 2009
                  Right now as I write , we are sweating buckets !.. The solar gain is intense in winter. Its 15 F up here w/ 3 foot of snow, more coming. The upper glass MUST open in this climate. We also have the 10' ers open during day time warming, like today.  ( UP of Michigan )

                • Ncaatrack@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 22, 2009
                    As far as large windows, check out lanai doors or nana wall. lillt pricey but great solid systems