Deposit and Transporting

  • lorecamiranda
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 15, 2009
      Good Afternoon LVL Fans:

      I've been off the site since the spring finalizing the acquisition of the land for my home. The acquisition of the land was gifted to me and the process took one year and 3 months. I'm not complaining "THE PRICE WAS RIGHT" I'm just saying ONE YEAR????? to legally acquire a gift?

      I have a couple of questions When Romero requires a deposit before you receive the plans etc.,does this deposit convert to a subtraction from the total cost of the Romero House ? In my case this deposit represents ($10,000.00) Ten Thousand Dollars.

      Concerning Transportation Cost has anyone required shipment of their home from Perryville to the East Coast or Southeast Corridor of the United States? If you had this experience can you provide a ballpark figure of the transportation cost associated with the delivery?

      THANKS
    • Steve Rapport
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 15, 2009
        Yes, the $10k is a down payment against the entire cost of the kit.

        Steve Rapport
        415.235.7556

[...]

      • David Richardson
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 15, 2009
          Thanks For the good news.

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 15, 2009
              RRs standard contract calls for freight to be " prepaid and add". They were charging about  4.00 per mile. ( last year ). The transport costs you pay include local transportation of raw materials , so , the total bill may vary per job.
               If you want to make your own arrangements for transportation you must specify " CUSTOMER PICK-UP " on the contract. Controlling the freight can save you money , but , remember, RRs responsibility for the cargo ends  at their dock. You own it from that point on.....Most truckers charge for "waiting time " at p/u and delivery, after 2 hours. Be prepared to unload promptly upon arrival of the truck. The driver is only required to tie down the load on his trailer. Its your responsibility to get it off the trailer.