Welcome Comments

  • theschultzy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21 7:52 AM
      Hello. My name is Gregg. I am building an LV Home in Sperryville,
      VA, about 60 miles west of DC in the foothills of the Shenandoah
      Mountains.

      The reason I am starting this group is because I have had a lot of
      questions during this process to which I could not find answers on
      the web -- the most notable example being the actual cost. I will do
      a separate post on that. I felt it would be a good idea to have a
      forum for people interested in the home to be able to ask around. An
      example is that my builder suggested possbily putting my LV on a
      concrete slab instead of a crwlspace. This saves $11,000. Is this
      advisable? Possible? It's been 3 days and I have had no response
      from ROcio(who thus far has been responsive and helpful). But I
      think it's good to let others know that there is a possibly easy way
      to cut the budget--significantly. And, it gives us the polished
      concrete floors we wanted.

      All that having been said, let me point you to some resources for the
      LV Home, aside from Rocio's excellend FAQ and website. THe most
      notable discussion was on livemodern, but was removed. Some
      discussion can be found at www.fabprefab.com. An excellent, detailed
      blog about the building process can be found under testimonials on
      rocio's website (thanks Jennifer!), and the finished product can also
      be found on Jennifer's website, www.luminhaus.com.

      Please feel free to post. The Group is open; I have chosen every
      Option to make it as easy to belong and comment. My only rules are
      to keep comments respectful and substantive. Comments saying "that
      house is cool" aren't particularly helpful. My suggestion is to make
      the Subject line as descriptive as possible, so people cvan skim the
      threads easily and focus on what they want.