[LURlist] Update on Proposed Meeting with Joe Dudney and His Board:

  • Gary Grizzell
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27 1:44 PM
      Update on Proposed Meeting with Joe Dudney and His Board:

      To those who have been concerned about the so-called "Churches of Christ" Disaster Relief, Inc. of Nashville, Tennessee, I recently mailed a certified letter to brother Joe Dudney, the executive director of the CCDR, Inc. of Nashville, and invited him to come to a forum which I was seeking to set up in order to discuss (primarily) calling his organization, "Churches of Christ" (Disaster Relief). I informed him that the forum would
      be held at the Powell Grove Church of Christ (Lebanon, TN) who had agreed to host the same and that brother Jim Green had agreed to video the forum (if it could be set up
      at a time which did not conflict with his schedule). I also stated that we would have a moderator.

      I additionally mentioned in my letter that I had contacted certain preachers (who said that they would be willing to come and each speak for an allotted time (provided it did not conflict with their schedules). I proposed that Joe Dudney could bring an equal number of men to speak and that those persons might be chosen from his Board of Directors OR whomsoever he chose to come and to defend his position. I sought to emphasize that everyone could and should behave themselves as a Christian gentlemen if such a meeting could take place.

      Well, I have now received a response letter from brother Dudney. It was a well written letter on CCDR stationery rejecting the offer to participate in the proposed forum. Of course his letter better explains his reasons why he and his board were unwilling to meet but suffice it to say, he and his board (with whom he had discussed my letter) did not feel the need to meet in such a forum since they were well-versed in the Bible and were
      convinced they had the Biblical right to use the expression, "Churches of Christ," in the manner they do.
      Now, since these brethren are so well-versed in the Bible would not this have been an excellent chance to answer their critics once and for all? It is my position that they know that they cannot prove their position from the New Testament and therefore were/are afraid to meet under these fair conditions. Brother Green could have videoed the entire forum for all in the brotherhood have access. To me it speaks volumes that brother Joe Dudney will not meet. He had been crying in times past that one of his critics (me) would not meet with him and his board, but now that I have given him a chance to actually meet
      under fair conditions where some actual progress might be made, he outright declined the offer. In reality his bluff has been called and he has shown his true colors for all to see.

      Brother Dudney will not meet in an honorable debate type forum! What has he got to lose if he knows he has the truth? What is he afraid of if it is truly the case that "Bible scholars" who are "heavy weights in the brotherhood" (as he once stated in an email to a preacher)
      have studied and thus reached the conclusion that the CCDR is scriptural in every respect? Poor Joe Dudney, his bluff to meet and discuss matters has been called and he has backed down. However, we should not be surprised at his reaction in that the spirit of liberalism is nothing more than symbolism over substance when it comes to actually being set for a genunine defense of the gospel (Phil. 1:17; I Pet. 3:15).

      Sincerely, in the Cause of Christ,
      Gary L. Grizzell

      Co-Director of The Annual England PTWCOG Lectures; Editor of Annual England Lectureship book; Preacher: Wartburg Church of Christ, Wartburg, TN

      NOTICE: LURlist messages Copyright 2005.