1st practice and Schedule

  • Michael Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2006

      Hi, It's Coach Mike,

      Our first practice is Wednesday, September 6 at 4:45. Please wait to dress your child as I would like everyone to dress together the first few practices so that everyone learns the right way to gear up.  This dressing instruction will include a proper skate fitting guide. If you have brand new skates make sure they have been sharpened as no skate manufacturer ships sharpened skates. (I will be taking skates to be sharpened after this practice for $5 a pair.) A cup, "athletic protection," is not required at this skill level. If you really feel your child needs one, that is your choice.  My kids like to wear light cotton jammies or thin long underwear under their hockey equipment. This help with comfort and modesty. Long tight fitting socks also help fight blisters.

      Any parents who would like to help coach, even occasionally, would be greatly welcomed. Please talk to me first.

      We will also need a "Team Parent." Someone to work as a liaison with GBCIHA and organize which parent is bringing snacks and other stuff like that.

      I have just posted the "published schedule" in the calender section of the Yahoo Group. The shedule may have changes along the way, but this is what I have been issued.  Please keep in mind that I have had nothing to do with the scheduling as it was handed down to me from the "MASTER SCHEDULER."  Make all of the practices you are able to and don't feel bad about the pactices you can't.  Your kid will have fun so please make a effort to make as many as possible.

      Our ice time is a short 45 minutes, so please be on time as often as possible.  "On Time" means dressed with skates tried tightly 10 minutes after the start of practice.

      I am really looking forwards to working with your kids and having a lot of fun this year.
      Mike