All Aboard!

  • slkrbru
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 21, 2007
      Saturday 8/25/07
      8:34 AM departing Lancaster station to Mt Joy
      Diana and I will be there...please come out and join the fun!

      <I wonder if Amtrak is yet wondering why the sales spike on weekend
      a.m. trips to Mt Joy?>

      Karen - slkrbru@...
    • Leo Lutz
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 21, 2007
        I heard the FBI has a lead on some new "Rave Club" in the Mount Joy area...

        On 8/21/07, slkrbru <slkrbru@...> wrote:

        Saturday 8/25/07
        8:34 AM departing Lancaster station to Mt Joy
        Diana and I will be there...please come out and join the fun!

        <I wonder if Amtrak is yet wondering why the sales spike on weekend
        a.m. trips to Mt Joy?>

        Karen - slkrbru@...

      • david w. hirneisen
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 23, 2007

          hey karen & diana - have fun on saturday! – don’t forget your picture id!  i’d love to join you but saturday doesn’t suit my schedule.

          so, if anyone would like to do this run on sunday, please feel free to join me!

          sunday, august 26th – first train west leaves at 9:55a. – @ comfortable pace, bring fluids, picture id, i promise no one will get left behind.  i might do a few miles before the train ride but expect to arrive at the station around 9:40.

          if you want to confirm on sunday morning my cell is 951-9553.

          ps – if anyone would like join us but fear the distance – how about riding along on your bike!  ride to mt. joy, meet us at 10:05a, and wear a backpack so you can carry some water.  if you want to drive to mt. joy and ride back with us, i’ll gladly drive you to mt. joy for your car after the part 2 at brendees. (amtrak does not allow bikes on the keystone line).

          pss – fall marathon training time! – i’ve got a 20 mile course that takes the train to e-town, then back to lancaster – look for an invitation to join me sometime in oct.

          dave

          8:34 AM departing Lancaster station to Mt Joy
          Diana and I will be there...please come out and join the fun!

          <I wonder if Amtrak is yet wondering why the sales spike on weekend
          a.m. trips to Mt Joy?>

          Karen - slkrbru@yahoo. com

        • Leo Lutz

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 23, 2007

              excellent idea!!  i assume you mean the turkey hill by the middle school in centerville ?

              if you do it as a spur, you’d have to run back down the hill just to go back up nolt – so maybe it’s possible to run along centerville road to get back onto nolt- if the traffic is not too bad!

              thanks!  that’s a great idea!

              d.

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 23, 2007
                Can't make it this Saturday. One of these weeks, I wanna do the Amtrak
                half!

                School Bus