File - Web Access Instructions

  • LPI-MEL@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 112 , Apr 1, 2008
      Here is a set of instructions for how to access the archives of this list and any files stored in the Files area of our Yahoo! Group:

      2.A. If you ALREADY HAVE a Yahoo! ID, then enter your ID and password on the right hand of the screen.

      2.B. If you DO NOT HAVE a Yahoo! ID, then click on the 'Sign up now' link on the left side of the screen.
      * On the next screen, enter your desired username, password, e-mail, and other information. [It will tell you if you've left out something crucial.]
      * UNCHECK the 'Activate Yahoo! Mail' box [unless you want a new email,
      youruserid@...].
      * UNCHECK the 'send me special offers' box [unless you crave ads in your email].
      * Enter the word you see in the image at the bottom of the screen.
      * Click Submit.
      * On the page that comes up, click on 'Click _here_ to edit Marketing Prefences' and say no to all of the questions on the next screen to prevent ads and such being sent to you. Click 'Save changes'.
      * On the next page, click Continue.
      * It should let you into the site directly, but either way, be sure to check your e-mail ASAP and click on the confirmation link that they give you. Otherwise, Yahoo! may not let you log in next time.

      3. Voila! You are now logged into Yahoo! and looking at our site! On
      the left side, click on 'Messages' if you want to view past messages.
      Click on 'Files' to view uploaded files [or to upload a file]. You get
      the idea.

      If you have any questions or problems, please e-mail me at <LPI-MEL-owner@...> and I will help you. I generally check mail several times a day and can help you with any questions or concerns.

      Yours in Liberty,

      LPI-MEL Moderator