Sign the petition to STOP THE WAR NOW!

  • bradct@xxxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 1999
      I'm participating in an Internet campaign to stop the war in
      Yugoslavia before ground troops are deployed, and I'd like to
      invite you to join me.

      Please forward this message to any friends, family, co-workers,
      neighbors, or other people you know personally who may be
      interested.

      Then go to http://www.StopTheWarNow.com and sign the petition.
      It will be submitted directly to your representative in the U.S.
      House and to both your U.S. Senators.

      Every day that this undeclared war continues, it becomes more
      likely that ground troops will be deployed, and that we will
      find ourselves in another Vietnam-style quagmire. As the war
      escalates, it will become increasingly difficult for politicians
      to admit that they made a mistake, end the war, and bring our
      troops home.

      The bombing of Yugoslavia is a textbook example of the folly of
      foreign intervention: So far, the US-NATO air assault has
      accomplished the exact opposite of what President Clinton
      promised.

      Our bombardment has prompted more attacks on innocent civilians,
      worsened the plight of refugees, caused the conflict to spill
      over to neighboring nations, and inflamed anti-American
      sentiments around the world. Bombing errors have resulted in the
      deaths of refugees -- the very people we are supposed to be
      protecting.

      We acknowledge the terrible human suffering of ethnic Albanians
      in Kosovo -- suffering which has been exacerbated by our
      reckless attack on Yugoslavia. However, that tragedy does not
      justify American military intervention that puts our nation at
      risk.

      The job of the American military is to defend the United States
      and to keep Americans safe. Instead, our air assault on
      Yugoslavia has reduced our military preparedness, reignited Cold
      War tensions with Russia, and made us a more tempting target for
      terrorists.

      If the American people don't speak out, the war will continue to
      escalate, ground troops will be eventually be deployed, and
      American casualties will rise. If we don't want that to happen,
      we must persuade our representatives in Congress to stop the war
      now.

      Please forward this e-mail to everyone you know who might be
      interested in helping, but please don't send it indiscriminately
      -- spam will only hurt our campaign.

      Then go to http://www.StopTheWarNow.com and sign the petition.

      Thank you.
    • sensor@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 1999
        >From: bradct@...
        >

        >I'm participating in an Internet campaign to stop the war in
        >Yugoslavia before ground troops are deployed, and I'd like to
        >invite you to join me.

        Unfortunately, it does not appear that stopthewarnow.com was anything near the
        success that defendyourprivacy.com was. While defendyourprivacy.com got something
        on the order of 300,000 hits while it was up, it's my understanding that stopthewarnow.com
        has received about 10 times fewer hits. Which, I guess, shows that the public
        is much less concerned with war than it is with financial privacy.

        A shame, too, since the Libertarian National Commitee has paid Web Commanders
        (http://www.webcommanders.com) over $15,000.00 to design these two sites --
        over four times the going rate for web site design of the caliber shown by these
        sites. Web Commanders is owned by Jack Dean, who just happens to have been
        Harry Browne's campaign manager in the 1996 elections & is affiliated with the
        Browne 2000 "campaign". Is this a conflict of interest? Or just another example
        of rampant LNC financial misfeasance? You be the judge.

        - Michael
      • jru486@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 1999
          It is my solemn hope that we do not run our
          worst presidential candidate twice in a row.
          The damage to the Party could be inestimable.

          Our only hope is that holders of high office
          might arise to wrest power away from the
          money grubbing weazels on the LNC.
          Unfortunately Dr. Paul seems unavailable.