P.O. box fee is due

  • Timothy Spong
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2012
      All, but especially the treasurer and assistant treasurer:

      This notice was in the LPD Post Office box this morning:

      Box or caller fee due by the last day of this month. Boxes will be closed if fee is not paid by due date. Please disregard if payment has been made. Please write box number on your check. P.O. Box Fee Due. Box #1472    19903    LIBERTARIAN PARTY OF DELAWARE  6 Months: $38.00  12 Months: $76.00 Due Date:  12/31/2012   Dover, DE 19901-9998

      This notice is a self-mailer and renewal form. I plan to bring it to the Kent County meeting on Dec. 18. Checks or money orders payable to "Postmaster" may be used to pay with the self-mailer. "Do not send cash." Debit or credit cards (and, presumably, cash) may be used when paying fees in person.

      Before starting to type this note, I found correspondence on the same matter from last year. The fee then was $31 for 6 months or $62 for 12 months. Despite the increase, I continue to believe strongly that a fixed mailing address is a necessity. Neither no mailing address, nor a mailing address subject to change every year (e.g. the chairman's, treasurer's or membership secretary's residence) would do. Unless and until LPD has an actual office, a P.O. box (this one) remains a necessity.

      Happy holidays to all!

      In Liberty,

      Tim Spong