Fw: Community Day Vendor Information

  • Brad Thomas
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 4, 2012
      I received this earlier today, according to this email a better copy of the maps will be on the Newark website after 2pm tomorrow.

      Brad

      Tuesday, September 4, 2012

      Business Name - Libertarian Party of Delaware
      Email - bradct@...
      Category - Non-Profit Information
      Description - Political Party
      Items being distributed (sold/ given away) - NA Literature on Libertarian views
      Electric - No

      Dear Brad Thomas,

      Community Day is right around the corner and we are looking forward to another beautiful day and successful event. Below is a list of guidelines for the event. Vendors not adhering to the event guidelines below or following the directions of staff members or area coordinators may be asked to leave the event and will be suspended from future events with the City of Newark Parks and Recreation Department.

      1.   Please check in with a volunteer or staff member upon arrival (They will be in a Community Day 2012 T-shirt). Arrival and set-up for vendors will be between 7:30 and 10:45AM. We recommend that you drop off supplies at your assigned drop off location and then move your vehicle into a parking area before setting up.  The drop off and pick up locations are as follows:
      ·         100s, 400s, 800s (801-845) – Behind Brown Lab and Dupont Hall (Attached Map 1)
      ·         200s, 300s, 500s, 600(601-615, 642-646), 900s – South College Avenue Between Hullihen Hall and Gore Hall (two access points) (Attached Map 2)
      ·         600s (616-641), 700s (741-746), 800s (846-858) – Behind Wolf Hall (Attached Map 1)
      ·         700s (701-734), 860s, 1000s, 1500s, and 1600s area – Delaware Avenue (Attached Map 3)
      ·         NOTE: Delaware Ave will close to general drop off at 9am for Food Vendor drop off, which will begin at 9:30am)
      ·         1400s - Are able to keep vehicles at their assigned location on the paved sports courts to the north of Delaware Avenue. (Attached Map 4)

      2.   All vendors are required to stay set-up for the duration of the event (11AM – 4PM) and must stop all sales at the conclusion of the event (4PM). No sales or promotions will be permitted after 4PM.

      3.   Please display your vendor number in the window of your vehicle during drop off and pick up. Vehicles left unattended will be towed at the owner’s expense.

      4.   If you have been assigned a space with power, it will be noted on your assignment. All vendors with supplied power MUST BRING A POWER SUPPLY CORD WITH A GFI / SURGE PROTECTOR BUILT IN. Any vendor without a GFI will not be permitted to use electrical power at the event.

      5.   ALL VENDORS DISTRIBUTING OR SELLING FOOD must meet the following requirements in order to participate in this event.

      ·         You must obtain a temporary food permit from the Delaware Department of Health by September 6th. Please call (302) 283-7110 for permit information. This permit must be on hand at the event in order to participate. Refunds will NOT be given to those that miss this Health Department deadline.
      ·         Food vendors with BBQ pits, grills, or generators must have a visible fire extinguisher at the event.

      6.   A Carry In - Carry Out Policy has been implemented for all vendors. Vendors are responsible for removal and disposal of all trash generated by and surrounding their booth space. Please leave your area clean following the event. No liquid waste dumping is permitted. Please dispose of all waste properly (this includes oils and soapy water).

      7.   The City of Newark Parks & Recreation Department does not supply tables, chairs, or canopies for event vendors. Each organization/business is responsible for supplying all items needed for set up and the loading in and out of materials for the event.

      8.   The City of Newark Parks & Recreation Department makes arrangements with musicians and performers for the day’s performances. No other performers will be permitted during the course of the event.

      9.   The sale and distribution of silly string, shaving cream, or other spray cans are not permitted during Parks and Recreation Department events. These items have become a nuisance at events by damaging vendors’ merchandise and causing great disturbances throughout the events. If you see anyone selling or using these items during the event, please inform your area coordinator, a staff member or police officer.

      10.        We would like to ask that vendors, businesses, and organizations make an effort to minimize trash during and after the event. For example, placing stickers on people as they pass results in stickers being stuck to buildings, pavement and other stationary objects, which require extensive cleaning following the event.

      11.        Helium balloons are NOT permitted at this event.

      12.        We ask that all vendors remain in their designated area and not roam the event passing out pamphlets, etc. Vendors who do not stay in their designated areas will be given one warning. Following a second violation, the group will be asked to leave the event and will be suspended from future Newark Parks & Recreation events.

      13.        Vehicles will be able to re-enter vendor drop off and pick up areas for break down at 4:00pm.

      14.        If you have any problems during the event, please report it to the Information Booth, located on Delaware Avenue.

      15.        If you have any questions or concerns prior to the event, please call (302) 366-7060 or (302) 366-7033 x209 (after hours message).

      16.       Please call the Leisure Time Hotline after 7AM if weather looks questionable. Leisure Time Hotline -  (302) 366-7147.

      17.       The University of Delaware requests the following for the safety of visitors:

      1)   We request that you use paper or Styrofoam products (i.e. plates, cups, etc.)
      2)   Glass bottles are prohibited in this area.
      3)   Please be considerate.  Do not throw trash directly onto the ground.

      Leisure Time Hotline
      (302) 366-7147
      For cancellation information

      Sharon Bruen
      Recreation Supervisor, Community Events
      City of Newark
      Department of Parks and Recreation
      220 Elkton Road
      Newark, DE 19711
      Phone (302) 366-7060
      Fax (302) 366-7169

      Vendor Drop off Map 4.JPGVendor Drop off Map 1.JPGVendor Drop off Map 2.JPGVendor Drop off Map 3.JPG

      A cleaner, more detailed version of this map will be available at the City of Newark’s Parks and Recreation’s website after 2pm on Wednesday, September 5.

      2010 CD Map.JPG

    • Brad Thomas
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 4, 2013

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 8, 2013
          Newark Community Day is this Sunday, September 15, 2013 (Rain date:
          September 22)

          We need volunteers to Set up, Staff, and Break down the LPD's table.
          As usual, I will be there from about 11-close, and I suspect that Brad
          will be there the whole day. We have a good location this year so we
          probably should try to have at least 3 people at the table at all times.
        • Brad Thomas
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 8, 2013
            I will be at the LPD table for most of the day. I will be performing with the Diamond State Concert Band from 3:15 pm-4:00pm, which is near the end of Newark Community Day.

            Brad

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 13, 2013

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 14, 2013
                I will be coming for setup at about 9:00am tomorrow.

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 8, 2014

                Community Day Logo - new.jpg
                Sunday, September 21, 2014
                11 a.m.-4 p.m.
                (Rain Date September 28)

                Libertarian Party of Delaware
                Thank you for registering for the City of Newark’s 2014 Community Day. As usual, we have a very nice variety of vendors for the event and look forward to a great turnout by the community.  The information regarding your space number and arrival are listed below. If you have requested a demonstration or performance time, you should have already received an email containing the information for that activity.
                Please read all information contained in this email to avoid confusion on event day.

                VENDOR INFORMATION
                Vendor Name: Libertarian Party of Delaware
                Vendor Category: Non-Profit Information
                Items Being Sold or Distributed: Brochures, newsletters, advertisements NA
                Space Number: 620
                Approximate Location: In front of Sharp Lab
                Power: No
                Recommended Area for Drop Off and Loading:  Behind Gore Hall
                Recommended Area for Parking: Pearson Hall Parking Lot

                VENDOR GUIDELINES
                Below are the guidelines for vendors. Vendors not adhering to the event guidelines below or following the directions of staff members or area coordinators may be asked to leave the event and will be suspended from future events with the City of Newark Parks and Recreation Department.

                1.   Please check in with a volunteer or staff member upon arrival (They will be in a Community Day T-shirt). Arrival and set-up for vendors will be between 7:30 and 10:45AM. We recommend that you drop off supplies at your assigned drop off location and then move your vehicle into a parking area before setting up.
                ·         DELAWARE AVENUE DROP OFF NOTES
                o   All vendors entering Delaware Avenue must do so from the right hand lane of South College Avenue. If you are coming from Main Street or coming south on 896 or 273, please take South Main Street to West Park Place, then turn left onto South College. Stay to the right in order to enter the vendor turn lane. This will also apply to loading at the end of the event.
                o   Delaware Avenue will close at 9am for vendor drop off. Food vendors will begin set up at 9:30 am.
                ·         DROP OFF LOCATIONS BEHIND BROWN LAB AND DUPONT HALL
                o   Please enter this area by taking Academy Street to the entrance to the parking lots to the south west of the Academy Street and Delaware Avenue intersection. Follow this drive behind the buildings to the drop off locations on the right.
                ·         PARKING
                o   Recommended parking for all vendors is behind Pearson Hall (Free).
                §  This will allow all vendors to access their loading areas in the most efficient manner. No left turns will be permitted onto Delaware Avenue.
                §  Municipal lots will have free parking during the event.
                §  The UD parking garage fees will have a $5 max for the event day.

                2.   Vendors will not be permitted beyond their 10’x10’ area. No impromptu demonstrations will be permitted on the Green.

                3.  All vendors are required to stay set-up for the duration of the event (11AM – 4PM) and must stop all sales at the conclusion of the event (4PM). No sales or promotions will be permitted after 4PM.

                4.   Please print and display this email with your vendor number in the window of your vehicle during drop off and pick up. Vehicles left unattended will be towed at the owner’s expense.

                5.   If you have been assigned a space with power, it will be noted on your assignment. All vendors with supplied power MUST BRING A POWER SUPPLY CORD WITH A GFI / SURGE PROTECTOR BUILT IN. Any vendor without a GFI will not be permitted to use electrical power at the event.

                6.   ALL VENDORS DISTRIBUTING OR SELLING FOOD must meet the following requirements in order to participate in this event.

                · You must obtain a temporary food permit from the Delaware Department of Health by September 12th. Please call (302) 283-7110 for permit information. This permit must be on hand at the event in order to participate. Refunds will NOT be given to those that miss this Health Department deadline.

                Message 8 of 8 , Sep 19, 2014
                • 1 Attachment
                • 9 KB

                On Thursday, September 18, 2014 4:03 PM, Sharon Bruen <SBruen@...> wrote:

                Good Morning, 620.

                Community Day is just a few days away so I wanted to send you a few reminders. If you have already reviewed the information that was sent with your space number, then you should already be aware of the important information for this year. If you have not read your packet completely, please do so before the event so that we can minimize confusion at the event. A copy of the package is below for your convenience. Please be sure that EVERYONE in your organization that will be manning your booth at the event has a copy of these guidelines. As the point of contact for the event, it is your responsibility to get the word out to all of your participating members or staff.

                In addition to the items listed in the guidelines below, Demonstrations of any kind are PROHIBITED IN YOUR BOOTH SPACE AS WELL AS ON THE GREEN AND PEDESTRIAN AREAS (walkways and the street). Unless you have a scheduled demo time, you will not be permitted to do any kind of demonstrations at this year’s event. If a group ignores this guideline and damage is caused to the Green, you will be charged for the repair of the damaged area.

                Some of the most frequently asked questions are:
                How do I know where my booth is located?
                Your space number, as well as the name of your organization and the primary contact will be on a paper attached to a survey flag. The building closest to your booth space is listed on your original email.

[...]

                Volunteers and staff will be wearing 2014 Community Day shirts. Some of these volunteers may be able to help with questions or assist you. If a volunteer seems unsure of an answer, please come to the information booth and ask a staff member.

                Do I need to check in?
                You should check in at the Information Booth after you have unloaded your vehicle and parked, but before you set up your booth. We ask this so that we can be sure that there are no problems with your space or those around you before you get set up.