Roger Gary: It’s Official

  • Peace And Prosperity Partners
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2011
      Roger Gary: It's Official
      May, 2011 ·
      From a media release May, 2011, by the Roger Gary 2012 campaign:

      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

      For confirmation, contact:

      Jake Porter, 515-783-0729 or jake@...
      Jeff Daiell, (713) 777-1776 or JeffDaiell@...

      www.RVGary2012.com

      Texas Libertarian Roger Gary [Formally] Announces Presidential Campaign

      Promises Restoration of Civil Liberties, Free Markets, and a Non-Interventionist Foreign Policy

      (SAN ANTONIO) Roger V. Gary, of San Antonio, Texas, has filed a declaration of candidacy with the Federal Election Commission pursuant to a campaign for the 2012 Libertarian nomination for president.

      Gary, 64, said he would campaign on the "complete Libertarian message" of restoring civil liberties, the free market, and a non-interventionist foreign policy.

      Gary filed the paperwork after visits to Florida, Tennessee, and Iowa. "Previous visits across the country convinced me enough Libertarians were eager for a candidate who will bring our full message to the American voter. Americans have been battered by the failed policies of the Democrats and Republicans long enough, and Libertarians across America believe that we can reach out to them successfully if we stand by all of our principles."

      A campaign team has been assembled, with Iowa's Jake Porter as Campaign Manager, Texan Jeff Daiell as Communications Director, Bill Grisham of Texas as Treasurer, and Kelly Wall as the Tennessee Coordinator.

      Gary has been elected to local office in Texas, In 1993, he won a seat on San Antonio River Authority. Additionally, Gary has served on the Libertarian National Committee.

      Issues Page
      Background on Roger Gary
      Staff Information

      SAMPLE CAMPAIGN ISSUES

      Civil Liberties: Roger Gary believes that American citizens should be able to live their lives without government intrusion so long as they are not harming or trying to harm anyone else.

      Economics: The government should not give bailouts to large corporations. The government should also not tax unborn children with the national debt and unfunded liabilities.

      Education: Parents should be allowed to open enroll their child into the school of their choice. The market effects of competition will drive down cost while increasing quality meaning everyone wins.

      Health Care: The problem of rising health care costs is best solved by reducing cost transfers, opening up the market to competition, removing government red tape which drives up costs, and a focus on health savings accounts to help offset the costs.

      National Security: Roger Gary believes in a strong national defense as defined in our United States Constitution as opposed to an international offense.

      Who Is Roger Gary?

      Roger Gary is a long-time Liberty activist, including many years within the Libertarian Party (a life member of both the national organization and the Texas party since 1977). He is a former elected official in San Antonio.

      Roger served two terms as State Chair of the Libertarian Party of Texas. For six years, he was a Director of the San Antonio River Authority. So, he has the knowledge of the Libertarian Party to successfully unite members across America, and the proven vote-getting skills to appeal to the general electorate.

      In 2010, his fellow Libertarians nominated Roger for a seat on the Texas Railroad Commission. With 138,978 votes, he surpassed the showing of the Libertarian Party of Texas gubernatorial nominee.

      The "Charter Members" of the staff:

      Campaign Manager Jake Porter lives in Des Moines, Iowa and works in retail management. Jake has a Bachelors of Science degree in Business Administration and owns the Des Moines Free Press.

      Porter has volunteered for and managed several political campaigns, served a term on the Libertarian National Committee, was an At- Large Representative for the Libertarian Party of Iowa, and is the former Business Manager for a weekly newspaper.

      In 2010, Porter ran for Iowa Secretary of State receiving 33,864 votes which was the second highest in the history of the Libertarian Party of Iowa.

      Jeff Daiell, Communications Director, has been active in the Libertarian Party for over 35 years. In 1990, he conducted the most successful campaign for governor in the history of the LP of Texas. He serves on the Executive Committee of both the LP of Texas and the Harris County, Texas, Libertarian Party.

      Campaign Treasurer Bill Grisham is a native Texan. A CPA, he lives in San Antonio. Grisham enjoys Texas Revolution and WWII re-enacting, as well as scale model construction and 19th-20th century history study. Bill is Secretary for Board of Advisors of the Guadalupe Home, and proudly serves as Treasurer for the Bexar County, Texas, Libertarian Party.

      Kelly Wall, State Coordinator for Tennessee, had been a libertarian long before running a cross the Libertarian party in 1999. She has been a member ever since. Ms. Wall has been the Mountain Region Coordinator for the Libertarian Party of Tennessee since 2005.

      ~ ~ ~
      Me ~ Get this man an interview. Do something for Liberty. Help his media man set up radio interviews in your area. Let him help you build the LP locally !!!

      NO JOKE, please do this. Not that you are necessarily for him, but you will be helping spread the LP message. You could spend less than a hour and have him on most radio talk shows in your area. Do the same for all LP candidates.

      Why don't we actually try to help the LP candidates get their message out now through Nov.'12. Let's see if we can start to make a difference for the better ! If you are able send the candidates at least $40 in honor of Mr. Nolan and the 40th anniversary of the LP. If you are really able send them $2500. Thanks.

      Thank You for running Mr. Gary. I wish you and your staff well !!!

      ~~~

      Some Great News From National
      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

      May, 2011

      Contact: Wes Benedict, Executive Director
      E-mail: wes.benedict@...
      Phone: 202-333-0008 ext. 222

      Libertarian Party builds big ANTI-war chest for 2012

      WASHINGTON - In its most recent FEC report, for the period ending March 31, 2011, the Libertarian Party reported $284,882.95 in cash with $0 in debt. At the same point four years ago, the party reported $21,962.37 in cash with $31,589.74 in debt.

      Libertarian Party Chair Mark Hinkle said, "Four years ago, we were $10,000 in the red. Now we're almost $300,000 in the black. That's a big step forward for the LP, and should help us a lot going into the 2012 campaign.

      "If our candidates, volunteers, and donors keep it up, 2012 may be one of the biggest years ever for the Libertarian Party.

      "Libertarian candidates deliver a huge bang for the buck. Dollar for dollar, our candidates get more votes than Republicans or Democrats. Libertarian candidates change the debate, swing the outcomes of races, and sometimes win.

      "If you don't believe me, ask the Democratic Party operatives who sent mailers in several congressional districts last fall, telling voters that our candidates would shrink government more than the Republicans."

      Hinkle added, "A lot of our war chest is going to be used for ballot access. Many people are unaware that the Republican and Democratic parties have free access to the ballot, but the Libertarian Party has to struggle through massive petition drives."

      The Libertarian National Committee recently set a goal of getting 200 Libertarian candidates on the ballot for U.S. House in 2012.

      Libertarian percentages in three-way races for U.S. House have been on an upward trend: in 2004, they got an average of 2.30%; in 2006, 2.74%; in 2008, 2.97%; in 2010, 3.40%. (That only includes races where the Republican, Democrat, and Libertarian together got at least 99.9% of the vote.)

      Every four years since 1988, the Libertarian Party's presidential nominee has been on the ballot in at least 44 states. Except for the Republicans and Democrats, no other political party has come close to that track record.

      For more information, or to arrange an interview, call LP Executive Director Wes Benedict at 202-333-0008 ext. 222.

      The LP is America's third-largest political party, founded in 1971. The Libertarian Party stands for free markets, civil liberties, and peace. You can find more information on the Libertarian Party at our website. https://www.lp.org

      P.S. If you have not already done so, please join the Libertarian Party - https://www.lp.org/membership . We are the only political party dedicated to free markets and civil liberties. You can also renew your membership - https://www.lp.org/membership . Or, you can make a contribution separate from membership - https://www.lp.org/contribute .

      Also Please Share these new videos with friends and family, Thanks -
      Drug use is a personal choice - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgeaq93W7kI&feature=player_embedded

      Why you don't reward bad business- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTZCbu2IFRg&feature=player_embedded

      FreewayBlogging=How to reach 100,000 people for under $1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTf-dFfS-eU&feature=related