March 25-27 Libertarian Online Conference/Speakers - at Agora.IO

  • Carol Moore in DC
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 23, 2011
      George Donnelly and friends have organized this fantastic free online
      liberty conference for the coming weekend (March 25-27th). It includes
      dozens of libertarian speakers on philosophy, strategy, media and
      entrepreneurship. http://agora.io/etienne/schedule

      I’m speaking on "Libertarian Decentralism and Secessionist Strategy" on
      Saturday March 26th at 10 AM Est. I would love for you to join me and
      participate. http://agora.io/etienne/channels/evolution

      You'll have an opportunity during these three days to see dozens of
      speakers. My favorites: Patri Friedman, Angela Keaton, Corey Moore,
      Karen Kwiatkowski, Scott Horton, Gary Chartier, Mary Ruwart, Pete Eyre,
      J Neil Schulman, Brad Spangler. For more about speakers and there talks:
      http://agora.io/etienne/speakers

      Agora I/O is easy to use: just go to http://agora.io/etienne/schedule --
      Pick talks you want to view, watch them, participate through chat.

      If you can't afford to go to all the big freedom festivals around the
      country and if you want to get new insights into libertarian and agorist
      ideas, this is your opportunity to see and communicate with great
      libertarians nationwide.

      This will be just the first of many such online conferences to advance
      liberty, so participate to help make this experiment work. To help out
      with organizing or sponsorship, see the main page http://agora.io

      See you then! Carol in DC

      PS: Have you see the new book WHY LIBERTY? Edited by Libertarian Marc
      Guttman, it is a collection of 54 personal stories by many well known
      figures about how they became libertarians. See details, full list at
      http://www.whyliberty.com/

      --
      Carol Moore in DC
      http://carolmoore.net/

      NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders,
      the National Security Agency may have read this
      email without judicial or legislative oversight
      or warning, warrant, or notice. You have no
      recourse nor protection save to secede from the union.
    • Tom Uffner
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 14, 2011
        anyone who is on the LPD Meetup group probably saw that Jim Rash has
        resigned as moderator, and we have 15 days to appoint a new one or the
        meetup goes away.

        is it worth keeping this Meetup alive at a cost of $75/6 months? is
        there a cheaper/free option that reaches the same audience?

        I am willing to take over managing & updating the group if necessary,
        but i do not have the money to pay for it.

        any suggestions?

        tom
      • Brad Thomas
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 14, 2011
          We could have each of the counties put a small fund for the Meetup group. Over a 6 month period, this wouldn't be a very big amount to spend amongst the counties.

          Brad

          anyone who is on the LPD Meetup group probably saw that Jim Rash has
          resigned as moderator, and we have 15 days to appoint a new one or the
          meetup goes away.

          is it worth keeping this Meetup alive at a cost of $75/6 months? is
          there a cheaper/free option that reaches the same audience?

          I am willing to take over managing & updating the group if necessary,
          but i do not have the money to pay for it.

          any suggestions?

          tom

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              LPD-digest@yahoogroups.com
              LPD-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Jim Rash
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 15, 2011
            My suggestion is that a Facebook page be implemented in lieu of Meetup, and that any and all meetings be conveniently (for users) posted on the LPD website. LPD members should not have to go to multiple websites to gather information. If the decision is that the state site cannot become the single source for all information, Facebook is the logical (my opinion) additional resource.

[...]

          • James E, Christina
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 15, 2011
              I agree 100% with Jim Rash. Facebook is the way to go at it. It is 100% free. It will get the word out without any foreseeable probloms.