My Resignation...

  • Tom Uffner
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2008
      I've given this a lot of thought and come to the conclusion that I
      cannot in good conscience continue to be a member of a party that
      selected Bob Barr as its Presidential Candidate and most visible
      representative.

      Please rest assured that I don't plan to do anything crazy like join
      the Green Party. But unless the LPD comes up with a very credible state
      or local candidate that I can work for behind the scenes, and/or Bob
      Barr does a hell of a lot to convince me that he has in fact become a
      real libertarian, I am definitely going to sit out the rest of this
      election cycle.

      This includes all of the time and services I typically donate to the
      LPD. I will not be staffing the tables at the State Fair, Newark
      Community Day or other events. Nor will I be donating free web hosting
      or content management services for the remainder of this year.

      If the LPD wishes to continue hosting www.de.lp.org on my servers they
      will need to start paying $15/month for hosting, and either designate
      one or more persons to take over as webmaster(s) or pay me $45/hour to
      make any requested updates or changes.

      Tom Uffner
    • Snewton929@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2008
        Tom
        I respect your decision, but
        Two things

        1) I think we will have that credible local candidate announcing within a week

        2) Can we have a month grace period to get our act together on taking over the web hosting thing?

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2008
          Snewton929@... wrote:

          > I respect your decision, but
          > Two things
          >
          > 1) I think we will have that credible local candidate announcing within
          > a week

          i will remain hopeful.

          > 2) Can we have a month grace period to get our act together on taking
          > over the web hosting thing?

          of course. i have no hostility toward the state/local LP (at least as long
          as i don't find out that our delegate(s) voted for the wrong candidate).

          i'll bring an invoice to the next meeting, assuming there is one and i'm
          in town. i'll probably offer you my 10% discount for yearly prepaid accounts
          if you can pay for the six months of June through November in one lump sum.