Re: [LPD] April Kent County LP meeting: stick with April 15, or change date?

  • Richard Bieker
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3, 2008

      Tim:

      I am in favor of  having the Kent County meeting before or after the New Castle County meeting on April 20.  What time on the 20th is the New Castle County meeting?  Thanks.

      Richard

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2008
            Richard,

            According to the "Meetings" page on the LPD Web site, the recurring New Castle County meeting is at 6:30 p.m. on the 3rd Sunday of every month, which is the 20th this month. Did you get the communique from Will Fox reproduced below, which does not reference the time? I shall not be able to go to that meeting, as I have and have had something previously planned for the same date at an overlapping time, but I want to be at the Kent County meeting which will either plan for, or review what happened at, said New Castle County meeting.

            Tim Spong

            Will Fox wrote:

        Hi Tim (plus Richard and Steve).

        Thank you for suggesting thinking about the future.

        This reminds me, after a week of flu, that Bill Morris called
        unexpectedly late last Tuesday to discuss LPD leadership.

        The up shot:  1) Bill is seeking a new LPD leader.

        2) I agreed to drive up to the LPD Sunday, Apr. 20 meeting, hoping

        with a month of lead time that you, Richard and Steve, as well as

        many other LPD members and allies could assemble in Newcastle

        County – to be as convenient as possible for most people.

        3) Bill agreed to contact, invite and motivate as many as possible

        to attend this potentially pivotal meeting, to organize leadership.

        As I plan to drive through Kent Count, so am offering a car-pool

        ride to you all, thinking this may enhance discussion that could

        lead to mutual understandings and timely management actions.

        Thank you for your considerations. Sharing your thinking

        on any of these points, etc. will be appreciated.

        Please recommend anyone else that we should include.

        Will

        Lincoln, Sussex County

        To: LPD@yahoogroups.com
        From: ecor41@...
        Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 12:35:36 -0700

[...]

        Use video conversation to talk face-to-face with Windows Live Messenger. Get started!
      • Timothy Spong
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 10, 2008

          To: lpd@yahoogroups.com; willfox23@...; ecor41@...; snewton929@...; tookitz@...
          From: tim_spong@...
          Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 00:04:17 +0000

          Libertarian Delawareans, especially those who sometimes attend the Kent County meeting:

          Our usual date for the Kent County informal meeting, the third Tuesday of each month, for April 2008 falls on the 15th. Insofar as no one has requested a different date, the meeting will be 7 p.m. Tuesday next (4.15) at the Touchdown Restaurant and Sports Pub, just south of Dover city limit in the block-wide strip of land between South Governors Avenue and U.S. 13 southbound lanes, near Rodney Village (housing and shopping center). One person who will be new to this meeting has stated he will attend. All interested persons, but especially other Delaware Libertarians, are cordially invited to attend.

          Tim Spong

          Dover

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 14, 2008

            To: lpd@yahoogroups.com