Re: NCC Meeting of 1/27/08 minutes/follow up.

  • Georgej
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
      Hi all,

      I checked with Bear library, the two community rooms are booked up on
      3/29 (Tim was correct on the date). We can do Sunday, 3/30, at 1:30
      PM if you like...Let me know. Or I can try for another Saturday or
      another location, like Newark.

      I don't know what other libraries have meeting rooms, but if one near
      you does and you'd prefer to meet closer to home, check it out and
      post your findings.

      Please submit (serious) proposals on who may serve in party officer
      positions.

      With Republicans trying to fill a void in the Governor's race, it may
      be a good time for a Libertarian to step up and get on the ballot.
      Another alternative, less in the limelight, would be running for
      Lieutenant Governor, where you can showcase many of the same issues.

      Tim, has a voter registration CD come in the mail recently?

      Best regards,

      George

      --- In LPD@yahoogroups.com, "Georgej" <georgejlp2@...> wrote:

      > Thanks to Brad, Brian, Tom and Steve for attending.
      >
      > Okay, the main news is, Jim Holliday has resigned as treasurer,
      > effective with filing the 2007 finance report last week. He must be
      > replaced as someone will have to pay monthly bills and sign off
      > filings with the state election office. We also need to cut off the
      > monthly credit card processing as that has not been done since Jim and
      > I discussed doing so over a year ago and costs a good chunk every
      month.

      > The offices of chairman and treasurer (more info next paragraph) must
      > be filled to continue as a party. We discussed holding a nominating
      > convention. My idea is reserving a meeting room at the Bear library
      > and gathering at the adjacent Stewart's Brew pub after business is
      > concluded.
      >
      > Main order of business would be electing officers, and also nominating
      > candidates. The LP of Delaware needs a statewide office candidate
      > this year to continue to have ballot access in the future, and need a
      > chair and a secretary to register/certify candidates. There also must
      > be a treasurer. The secretary can be treasurer as I understand it.
      >
      > We discussed sending out convention notice. Postcards to all
      > registered LP members in lieu of the Newsletter was suggested, the
      > list coming from the election offices CD of registered voters.
      > With help, I'm willing to coordinate the effort to send postcards.
      > I'll propose now a date of 3/27/08, but that depends on sending notice
      > 30 days prior, the Bear library's calendar, and general support for
      > the date, and whether there are likely nominees for the offices. I'll
      > check with the library tomorrow. What do you all think of date and
      > nominees?
      >
      > Lastly, in looking through my records, I have a 12/31/2006 Delaware
      > registration CD. The disk is encrypted and requires a compatible
      > program (Access) and password to open, the password to be obtained by
      > calling 302-739-4277. There is probably a new disk coming in the mail
      > soon, this one was created in January 2007.
      >
      > George (in lieu of a chair) Jurgensen

    • Timothy Spong
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
           Last things first:

           The last voter-registration CD came several months ago, and to the best of my knowledge, I turned it over to some other New Castle County person who came to a Kent meeting with other mail at that time. I was last at the LP mailbox about 2 days ago, and may get to it again Sunday.

           The next Kent meeting will be 3rd Tuesday, Feb. 20; it would be ideal if at least 1 person from each other county would be there in case I have any mail to turn over.

           Meeting room in Dover Public Library is quite small, as is the one in Kent County Library, in Camden.

           Tim

      • Brian Lintz
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
          George wrote:

          >I checked with Bear library, the two community rooms are booked up on
          >3/29 (Tim was correct on the date). We can do Sunday, 3/30, at 1:30
          >PM if you like...Let me know. Or I can try for another Saturday or
          >another location, like Newark.

          The convention doesn't have to be in March; it can be in April if
          we want it to. I know that NCAA Tourment fans (like Paul Thompson)
          would rather it be in April. Why don't you see what other Saturdays
          are available at the Bear Library? It's right next to Stewart's,
          where we had the convention last year, right? That seemed to be
          a good location for everybody, since it's right off of Rt. 1.

          >I don't know what other libraries have meeting rooms, but if one near
          >you does and you'd prefer to meet closer to home, check it out and
          >post your findings.

          The library not only has to have a big enough meeting room, but has to
          be in walking distance to a restaurant/bar that we can go to afterward.

          --
          Brian

          safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

          Click for free info on rehab treatments for drug & alcohol dependency.
          http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2121/fc/Ioyw6i3nCeLWznIt9aTWfUCWDU8GtDPWryVOQpH61Y9I3WO6xowtu5/
        • Tom Uffner
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
            Brian Lintz wrote:
            > The library not only has to have a big enough meeting room, but has to
            > be in walking distance to a restaurant/bar that we can go to afterward.

            Newark Library is also pretty simple from Rt1 or I95 and depending on
            your idea of walking distance, there are many bars & restuarants to
            choose from.

            tom
          • Brian Lintz
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 4, 2008
              Tom Uffner wrote:

              >Newark Library is also pretty simple from Rt1 or I95 and depending on
              >your idea of walking distance, there are many bars & restuarants to
              >choose from.

              My idea of walking distance may different from other people. When
              the weather is nice, I usually take about a 2 mile walk around
              my development. However, we will have people of differing walking
              capabilities, plus we don't know what the weather will be like.
              My idea of walking distance shortens considerably if it's poring
              down raining.

              --
              Brian

              safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

              Beauty Product Reviews
              Read unbiased beauty product reviews and join our product review team!
              http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2121/fc/JKFkuJi7GiX37xSIH75iw0t6vHGxeD2OAdUzuIIOzeMuks2vnWGYYx/
            • Tom Uffner
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 4, 2008
                Brian Lintz wrote:
                > My idea of walking distance may different from other people. When
                > the weather is nice, I usually take about a 2 mile walk around
                > my development. However, we will have people of differing walking
                > capabilities, plus we don't know what the weather will be like.
                > My idea of walking distance shortens considerably if it's poring
                > down raining.

                From Newark Library a 0.25 mile walk gets you to the East End, Benagan's,
                or anything in the College Square or Newark Shopping Centers. 0.5 mi adds
                Margherita's, Kate's, Homegrown, Iron Hill Brewery, and Grotto's...

                If it's raining, we can always drive. if necessary the locals can
                give anyone unfamiliar with Newark a ride.
              • Brian Lintz
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 4, 2008
                  Tom Uffner wrote:

                  >From Newark Library a 0.25 mile walk gets you to the East End, Benagan's,
                  >or anything in the College Square or Newark Shopping Centers. 0.5 mi adds
                  >Margherita's, Kate's, Homegrown, Iron Hill Brewery, and Grotto's...
                  >
                  >If it's raining, we can always drive. if necessary the locals can
                  >give anyone unfamiliar with Newark a ride.

                  OK then, why don't you find out if the Newark library has meeting
                  rooms that are big enough, and which Saturdays they are available at
                  the end of March/beginning of April?

                  --
                  Brian

                  safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

                  Love Graphic Design? Find a school near you. Click Now.
                  http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2121/fc/Ioyw6i3oLKk6KibqsCR9BZuBwjVwjOwKKrQgkSpcdCe1vW1HPtlKmN/