Walter Williams’ email address for s ympathy notes

  • willfox23@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2008

      Connie Williams, RIP

      http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/018108.html

      Walter Williams’ email address is in 4th paragraph for sympathy notes:

      http://washingtontimes.com/national/20070208-115701-1864r.htm

      Williams can't duck campaign pushes
      By Robert Stacy McCain in The Washington Times
      February 9, 2007

      Conservative [-libertarian] economist Walter E. Williams

      says he's flattered at being urged to seek the 2008

      Republican presidential nomination – even if the draft

      committee is headed by a cartoon duck.

      The "Mallard Fillmore" comic strip has spent the past two
      weeks promoting the George Mason University economics
      professor as a 2008 candidate -- with some success,

      judging from [Dr.] Williams' e-mail in-box.

      "I've been inundated," the 70-year-old Mr. Williams said of
      prominently featured Mr. Williams' e-mail address
      (wwilliam@...). "I've only gotten one or two ugly

      [e-mails], and I've gotten hundreds" of positive messages.

      A popular syndicated columnist who often fills in for

      Rush Limbaugh when the top talk-radio host is on

      vacation, Mr. Williams said in a telephone interview

      that he was surprised when Mr. Tinsley began a series

      of  "Draft Walter Williams" cartoons Jan. 29.

      "I found it very funny, and I found it quite flattering as well,"

      said Mr. Williams, whose column appears in The Washington

      Times, as does the "Mallard Fillmore" strip.

      The idea for the series was simple, Mr. Tinsley said: Mr.
      Williams is "an actual conservative
      , and who better to run

      for elective office than somebody who's been writing his

      ideas down for us to read for years? He can't waffle.

      Also, Adam Smith and Bill Buckley weren't available."

      Like many other conservatives, the Indiana-based cartoonist
      [Bruce Tinsley] said he's less than enthusiastic about the

      current crop of Republican presidential contenders.

      "Philosophical conservatives are tired of 'moderates,' who
      try to be all things to all people and end up pandering to

      those who wouldn't vote for them in a million years,"

      Mr. Tinsley said in an e-mail. "Reagan was genuinely

      conservative, take it or leave it. And it worked."

      …Right now, however, Mr. Tinsley says he's "not giving up" on
      his campaign to promote the candidacy of Mr. Williams.

      The George Mason professor says he shares Mr. Tinsley's
      disdain for career politicians
      .

      "I personally think that if we chose the president of the
      United States at random, we'd get a better president than

      any president since Ronald Reagan," said Mr. Williams.

      Mr. Williams' own '08 favorite is Rep. Ron Paul, Texas
      Republican and a 1988 Libertarian Party presidential

      nominee, who last month announced the formation of an

      exploratory committee.

      "If the framers of the Constitution were somehow to come

      back, Ron Paul is one of possibly only three people in

      Congress that they'd even talk to," said Mr. Williams,

      adding that most politicians have a "generalized

      contempt" for the values of the Constitution.

      The biggest obstacle to his own candidacy, Mr. Williams

      said, is his wife of 47 years, Conchetta [aka “Connie”].

      "She said that if I ever thought about it seriously, she'd
      assassinate me," he said.

      While his age (he'll turn 71 next month) might seem a problem to a

      presidential run, Mr. Williams says he is in excellent health, thanks

      to a regimen that includes a personal trainer, bicycling, two glasses

      of wine each day – and smoking half a pack of cigarettes daily.  "My

      grandfather smoked a pack of Camels a day, drank almost a half-

      pint of Old Grandad every day and died when he was 94," he said.

      Though he has no plans for trips to Iowa and New

      Hampshire, Mr. Williams would not completely rule out a

      2008 run for the White House.

      "I've learned that one should always keep his options open,"

      he said.  "You should never say never, but I haven't gone

       to the trouble of forming an exploratory committee."

      [End quote.]

      "Draft Walter Williams" for US President

      Walter Williams’ email address for sympathy notes