Thanks Brian: How about updating from 9/9/06?

  • willfox23@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2006
      Thanks Brian:
      Your News Journal web link to the candidates' Q & A's is helpful, but dated.
      I have just printed out the link you referenced. The 4-page printout,
      listing candidates are all dated from 9/9/06.
      How about updating?

      A friend just said that either the Delaware State News or News Journal
      last Sunday, 10/29/06 did a whole section, multiple pages updating
      by 50 days the public on candidates' positions.

      As many political activists think a week is a long time in politics,
      I naively went to the Milford Public Library to see the copy, because
      a preliminary phone to the library had confirmed their subscriptions.

      But unknown to the library desk managers (plural), they do NOT
      get the Sunday editions. Another government agency fails the public,
      not knowing what they do not know, so not supplying the service
      for which they are funded by taxpayers' dollars.

      Moving on, have any of you seen these Sunday newspapers?
      Can you please confirm which newspaper?
      And supply the web link to update all of us?

      Thank you,

      Will

      In a message dated 10/31/2006 8:38:29 A.M. EST, Brian.Lintz@... writes:

      Here is the New Journal's Election 2006 site:

      http://www.delaware online.com/ apps/pbcs. dll/section? Category= ELECTION

      You can select US House and get bios for all the candidates, with
      links to their websites. On the left there are links to New Journal
      Q&A's for each candidate. I haven't read them yet, so I don't know
      who I'm going to vote for. Although I won't vote for a Democrat or
      a Republican if there is a 3rd party in the race, so I have to decide
      which of the 3rd party candidates is least objectionable.

      --
      Brian

      Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Thomas Jefferson

    • Brian Lintz
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2006
        Will,

        I don't subscribe to any Delaware newspapers, so I haven't seen
        either paper's Sunday edition. All I get is what's on the internet.
        I found the Delaware State News website, but they don't reprint
        ANY articles. It's just a site will contact info.

        --
        Brian

        Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Thomas Jefferson
      • Timothy Spong
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2006
          What Will refers to below is probably not the DSN, and by default, likely
          is TNJ. What DSN had on Oct. 29 is several pages on the Kent County
          legislative candidates (including those whose district is either partly in
          New Castle Cty. or partly in Sussex Cty.), a total of 15 candidates in 8
          districts. It is a Q and A, and for each question, it lists all 15
          candidates' responses in succession. Thus, it is hard to pick out and read
          just responses for the candidate(s) you are interested in.

          Tim Spong

          >From: willfox23@...
          >To: LPD@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [LPD] Thanks Brian: How about updating from 9/9/06?
          >Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 13:45:40 EST
          >

          >Thanks Brian:
          >Your News Journal web link to the candidates' Q & A's is helpful, but
          >dated.
          >I have just printed out the link you referenced. The 4-page printout,
          >listing candidates are all dated from 9/9/06.
          >How about updating?
          >
          >A friend just said that either the Delaware State News or News Journal
          >last Sunday, 10/29/06 did a whole section, multiple pages updating
          >by 50 days the public on candidates' positions.
          >
          >As many political activists think a week is a long time in politics,
          >I naively went to the Milford Public Library to see the copy, because
          >a preliminary phone to the library had confirmed their subscriptions.
          >
          >But unknown to the library desk managers (plural), they do NOT
          >get the Sunday editions. Another government agency fails the public,
          >not knowing what they do not know, so not supplying the service
          >for which they are funded by taxpayers' dollars.
          >
          >Moving on, have any of you seen these Sunday newspapers?
          >Can you please confirm which newspaper?
          >And supply the web link to update all of us?
          >
          >Thank you,
          >
          >Will
          >
          >In a message dated 10/31/2006 8:38:29 A.M. EST, Brian.Lintz@...
          >writes:
          >

          >Here is the New Journal's Election 2006 site:
          >
          >_http://www.delawarehttp://www.http://wwwhttp://www.dhttp://wwhttp://w_
          >(http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=ELECTION)
          >
          >You can select US House and get bios for all the candidates, with
          >links to their websites. On the left there are links to New Journal
          >Q&A's for each candidate. I haven't read them yet, so I don't know
          >who I'm going to vote for. Although I won't vote for a Democrat or
          >a Republican if there is a 3rd party in the race, so I have to decide
          >which of the 3rd party candidates is least objectionable.
          >
          >--
          >Brian
          >
          >Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Thomas Jefferson

          Use your PC to make calls at very low rates
          https://voiceoam.pcs.v2s.live.com/partnerredirect.aspx