Re: We need to reach out to college campuses

  • everettsalyer
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2006
      If you have the right contacts, and send the right message,
      demonstrations will bring the media. I've worked in television news
      for 6 years, and I know that the only reason that libertarians are
      getting ingnored, is because we haven't been as vocal as we should
      have been. When was the last time you called a local news station
      and complained that the libertarian message wasn't being told? I
      can tell you that where I work it has been never. Too many
      libertarians like to complain, "We are being ignored in the media!",
      but they never do anything about it. Many "letters to the editor"
      get published, but no one ever calls television stations. If you
      want to be heard on tv call the news director of the tv station you
      watch. If after one call it doesn't work, call again, and get more
      people to call. If you do this, remember, honey catches more flies
      than vinegar.

      --- In LPD@yahoogroups.com, jim e larsen <nauticon@j...> wrote:

      > Tim will tell you I'm sure that it's easy for the media to ignore
      > deminstrations and protests until they attract major numbers. A
      lawsuit
      > particularly with plenty of pre trial spin gives the reporters
      something
      > solid to work with.
      >
      > Jim
      >

      > On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 14:11:32 -0000 "everettsalyer"
      > <everettsalyer@y...> writes:
      > > I never thought about it from a "free publicity" point of view.
      In
      > > that case, your right. I don't know many lawyers, but would be
      more

      > > than willing to find one if you are willing to shell out the
      money!

      > > --- In LPD@yahoogroups.com, jim e larsen <nauticon@j...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Actually suing can be cheaper than advertising done right.
      The
      > > last
      > > > thing a politician wants is appearing in court. It's hard for
      the

      > > media
      > > > to ignore it.
      > > >
      > > > Jim