Blue State/county secession an opportunity for libertarians

  • Carol Moore in dc
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2004
      For libertarians, the two most amazing things to come out of the 2004
      election are 1) Badnarik and the Greens accomplising a re-count in Ohio
      which proves just how dangerous third parties are and 2) DEMOCRATS
      calling for secession and saying the opposition "red states" are NET
      welfare recipients sucking the blood of the NET taxpayers the "blue
      states." See
      http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/2004/09/red_states_feed.html

      Before the election, I frequently predicted that no matter who won, the
      other side would be talking secession, and low and behold they are. And
      not just for states, but for "blue" cities and counties, since overall
      the real differences are NOT state wide but urban/suburban vs.
      suburban/rural. This illustrates what http://secession.net has been
      promoting for years -- COMMUNITY-BASED secession. Voluntary
      communities, of course, composed of individuals who freely create or
      join them. How libertarian can you get? There are a growing number of
      yahoogroups working on this issue. Search yahoogroups home for the
      lastest list. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/secession is Free State
      Project founder Jason Soren's group.

      Right now, as usual, I'm too busy to really organize around secession
      since I'm active locally and on the web opposing Bush's NEXT war -- see
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stopiranwar. And almost done updating
      significantly http://libertarians4peace.net

      But at least I made up a few new relevant Buttons- just in time for
      holiday gifts!
      http://www.radicalbuttons.com

      ** Jesusland Map
      ** Blue Counties Should Secede! Red Counties Should Secede!
      ** Red Counties Vote War - Blue Counties Get Nuked
      ** Friends Don't Let Friends Vote Demo-Publican
      ** A New Red-Eyed Asses of Evil with Rumsfeld replacing Ashcroft
      ** New and updated IMPEACH BUSH buttons
      ** 2 Inauguration Day protest buttons: Protest This! and Down with Bush!
      ** Four More Years of Hell!
      ** Bush and Statue of Liberty both have one figure salute buttons - plus
      more new Bush buttons
      ** Anti-THEIR Morality Buttons
      ** Who Would Jesus Bomb?

      Buttons -- and especially fridge magnets -- make fun stocking stuffers
      and gifts for friends. But hurry cause I can't guarantee US Snail will
      get it there on time if mailed much after December 17th (or sooner!)
      Order at least 3 and I'll throw in a surprise holiday present or two
      from me to you!

      BADNARIK BUTTONS? You've only got to December 17th to get the full
      range. http://www.radicalbuttons.com/campaign2004.html

      Carol Moore in dc

      Haven't been to my http://carolmoore.net/biography ? Check out
      http://carolmoore.net/helpcarol.html for the short promotional version.