Meeting Last Night

  • MikeBanIRS@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 16, 2002

      I did not see anything on the list about a meeting with people opposed to the smoking ban.  I did read about it yesterday in the News-Liberal.

      How did it go?  Might we actually be putting ourselves in a position to have a decently financed state rep campaign?  Any fundraisers planned?  Inquiring minds...

      I'm thinking after the New Year we could all arrange a Friday or Saturday night to go to the Coach House and each drop a few bucks in his legal defense jar.  We could then pass out some matchbooks with the LP phone number and website address.

      Mike
    • Jim Larsen
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 16, 2002
        When bureaucrats don't know what to do they hold a meeting to discuss doing nothing.   Wish I had thought of it - the LPDNCC should have held it's meeting at the Coach House with contributions to pay the smoking fine, alerting both the media and smoking police.

        Barry and I had our differences but he sure knew the value of media attention.   In the PR game it's called momentum.  Early in the week the media gave it a lot of attention.  The LPD NCC blew it.  Instead of doing something to keep the momentum going, gather further attention, it held a meeting to discuss it.

        Oh well, another opportunity lost!

        Jim L.

        JOIN the Libertarian Party of Delaware today.  Call 302-659-1920 or visit http://www.de.lp.org