The Final Word--Honest!

  • MikeBanIRS@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2002

      Well, folks apparently Troy is no longer on this list, although he may be under a different name.  I know I said I wasn't going to respond anymore but I do feel compelled to do so one last time.

      Troy stated I tried to misled people into thinking I needed $6000.  Not so.  I did state that I had to pay my wife that much plus make the mortgage on our empty home each month until it is sold.  It is with the second part that I was seeking some help.  The $6000 figure was simply to illustrate how big she won.

      I suppose it could have been interpreted as meaning I was trying to receive $6000 from my fellow Libertarians.  However that is really a stretch for this reason:  We are a political party that has difficulties scaring up $600 for a winnable local race much less $6000!  I don't think anyone that has been around this party for very long could have possibly thought I was trying to ask for $6000!  No, I was just hoping to receive a little money to help pay the mortgage until the home is sold, no more or less than that.

      One other thing.  If I had received such a plea myself I would be asking myself what does this guy spend money on?  So as an FYI know this.  My girlfriend and I are nonsmokers and rarely drink.  Our only real vices are coffee and chocolate.  Our major entertainment is going out to eat and going to tag sales and thrift shops.  The going out to eat has ceased completely for now and we are even being very careful about what we spend at the Goodwill store.

      Happy New Year to you all.

      In Liberty      Mike

      So I hope that clears that help.  A few folks have already helped me and I do appreciate it.