"Seven of Nine"

  • Chris Azzaro
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2001
      Libertarian Victory Fund Wins Big in November Elections!

      "Seven of Nine."

      That's not just the name of a character on Star Trek Voyager. It's
      also the success ratio of Libertarian Victory Fund (LVF) targeted
      campaigns in the November 6th elections!!!

      "We had a 78% win-rate in the November elections," said LVF Executive
      Director Chris Azzaro. "As far as I know, that means we're producing
      the best results of any project or organization in the Libertarian
      party today."

      "We're very proud of the progress that is being made."

      LVF targeted campaigns posted an impressive seven victories out of
      nine targeted races. All of these wins were to significant policy
      making offices -- six City Councilmen and one Mayor.

      "These were big-time victories," said Chris Azzaro

      Libertarian Party national headquarters noted the unusual number
      of "significant" victories this year. But those wins were not just
      some unexplainable windfall for the party, according to Chris Azzaro.
      He said the big wins were largely the result of months of planning,
      and over $18,000 of LVF money being poured into these races.

      These victories are even more impressive because of the fact that six
      of them were challengers achieving their very first wins!

      "These were some very difficult races. But the LVF was determined to
      push these hardworking candidates over the top."

      The LVF supported winners include:

      * Bob Bromley, who was elected Mayor of Sumas, WA -- with 60% of the
      vote. A major Libertarian Victory!

      * In an eight-way race, Libertarian Mark Owen attained victory and
      now sits on the Owosso, MI City Council. This follows his successful
      ballot initiative, in a David vs. Goliath battle, to repeal a city
      ordinance that robbed homeowners of their right to upgrade their
      property.

      * After a very tough battle, Bob DeBrosse retained his seat on the
      Piqua City Commission.

      * The spirit of Thomas Jefferson, ponytail and all, must have smiled
      when he saw that fellow libertarian Andy LeCureaux won election to
      the Hazel Park, MI City Council.

      * With 58% of the vote, Ray Huff captured a seat on the Granite
      Falls, WA City Council.

      * With a strong showing of 57% of the vote, John McAlister won a
      seat on the Gahanna, OH City Council. McAlister was the Ohio LP
      candidate for US Senate in 2000.

      * Libertarian Bruce White battled his way to a big win in Kent, WA
      (a city of over 80,000!) when he defeated a two term incumbent,
      taking a seat on the City Council.

      The Libertarian Victory Fund, a PAC launched in March of 2001, is
      designed to target, train, and support quality Libertarian candidates
      running in winnable local-level races. In addition to the seven
      recent targeted wins, the LVF also supported two other winning
      campaigns earlier this year in Michigan and Massachusetts.

      "This has been a real success story. And we have every reason to
      believe that things will continue to get better."

      The LVF has also provided six Libertarian activists with all-expenses-
      paid scholarships to political training schools this year.
      Additionally, the LVF has distributed over 390 copies of it's free
      campaign training manual.

      "Our goal, to upgrade to overall professionalism of local Libertarian
      campaigns throughout the county, now seems well within reach."

      The LVF plans to enhance both the training and candidate support
      programs in 2002.

      Said Azzaro: "We're working very hard right now to reach out to
      Libertarians across the country to let them know what we're doing,
      and the successes that we've already had.

      "This is just the beginning. Once we expand our donor base, we'll be
      able to do so much more.

      "If you're looking for real progress, real results, and actual
      Libertarian victories, the LVF clearly offers the best bang-for-the-
      buck.

      "The LVF is building a Libertarian election-winning machine to defeat
      the statists."

      As Seven of Nine would tell them: Resistance is futile!

      For more information on the LVF, or to make a contribution, write to:
      Libertarian Victory Fund, 1306 West Craig Rd #158, North Las Vegas,
      NV 89032. Or go to: www.LibertarianVictoryFund.com.