Re: Ineptness

  • jru486@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 1, 1999
      I have read the "paleoconservative manifesto"
      of the American Party. The only clear difference
      from our manifesto is in the area of drugs.

      They are about an inch short of out right support for the "war". They
      favor protective tariffs. They want illegal immigrants deported.
      Presumably we are all against the "new world
      order". The republicrats may even be against
      it by now.

      Mr. Sensor characterized the document as
      "Birchist". I would characterize it as predominantly strict
      constructionist. The Constitution was quoted through out. Their
      call for an end to most taxes, social security, all subsidies, had a
      familiar ring. Of course they are gun nuts.

      I would remind them that they betray the
      Constitution as they seek a prohibition of
      drugs and immigration, unless they elected
      to amend.

      Politics1 states that their numbers are severely
      dwindling.

      I would favor constructive engagement with
      the possibility of absorption. The absence of
      a local LaRouche element is a precondition.

      Its unfortunate that Mr. Lawrence has with
      drawn from this portion of the discussion he
      initiated.
    • Michael L. Sensor
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 1, 1999
        >I have read the "paleoconservative manifesto"
        >of the American Party. The only clear difference
        >from our manifesto is in the area of drugs.

        And immigration, and tariffs, and open borders...

        >Mr. Sensor characterized the document as
        >"Birchist". I would characterize it as predominantly strict
        >constructionist. The Constitution was quoted through out. Their
        >call for an end to most taxes, social security, all subsidies, had a
        >familiar ring. Of course they are gun nuts.

        Don't know whether I referred to the document as Birchist. I did refer to
        it as paleoconservative, which it is. That's not a perjorative term; it
        simply refers to unmodified conservative terms. There are also
        neoconservatives, such as William Kristol and much of the editorial staff of
        the Weekly Standard. Read R. Emmett Tyrell's "The Conservative Crack-Up"
        for more information on paleo- and neoconservatives.

        >I would favor constructive engagement with
        >the possibility of absorption. The absence of
        >a local LaRouche element is a precondition.

        Yes, indeed.

        Michael
      • nauticon@xxxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 1, 1999
          I'm not sure what this fandango is all about. The American Party can't
          swing enough votes to help elect a dog catcher. The Reform Party in DE
          isn't much better. They are nice people to talk to but they know even
          less about getting media attention than we do. If we got all the so
          called third parties behind one candidate, we might add a couple of
          percentage points to his total. Since we have no media director to get
          press releases out or someone in Dover to keep tabs on what mischief
          they're doing down there, it doesn't matter.

          Get free e-mail you don't need Web access to use --
          Or get full, reliable Internet access from Juno Web!
          Download your free software today: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagh.
        • Michael L. Sensor
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 1, 1999
            >From: nauticon@...
            >
            >I'm not sure what this fandango is all about. The American Party can't
            >swing enough votes to help elect a dog catcher.

            Also lost in this discussion is the fact that the American Party does not
            currently have ballot access in Delaware, meaning that all thoughts of
            cross-nominating an AP/LP candidate are moot.

            Michael
          • jru486@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 1, 1999
              An LP party official might attend an American
              Party meeting as an observer. An official
              contact on motor voter couldn't possibly hurt.

              This is more controversial, but they might be
              invited to help us celebrate Tax Day. There
              is no reason to suggest they are not fervently
              and equally opposed to economic bondage.

              I would not oppose helping them gain ballot
              access, particularly if asked. If we ended up
              with two defections, and ten extra votes for
              our candidates, I would call it a great victory.

              This is real. They appear to be an endangered
              species. Their web page lists no state affiliates. I may have over
              estimated their local numbers in my last paragraph.

              For all we know, Mr. Lawrence may have
              spoken with the last two.